RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Insurance rate increase after a claim?

We have Allstate insurance on a 10 year old fifth wheel. We had some body damage to the fifth wheel on a trip and it has been estimated to be about $5000 to fix it perfect, or about $3000 to fix it OK for a ten year old camper. What is your opinio...

Candice by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking regs in California

If you live in the 91722-91723-91724 area codes in California, beware that the city fathers are at it again. They are having a hearing on May 6th on parking regulation for your RV. "No parking in front of a structure and the curb on your lot".For mor...

just_me by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Host needed Allegheny National Forest

We have openings for hosts from now to Columbus Day at Willow Bay ,Red Bridge ,Kiasutha ,Dew Drop ,Buckaloons ,Hearts Content and Twin Lakes campgrounds. twenty hours a week pays for your site. alleghenysite.com

Honda CR-V and Blue Ox Baseplate

This is a questions for owners of a 2012-14 Honda CR-V who use a Blue Ox baseplate and tow bar. In the instructions for installing the baseplate it says to remove the bumper and it will not be re-installed. Is this true? I am also going to call Blu...

JL7456 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

What's with the change of the forum????

I really don't like the new stuff with additional ads and the very annoying recent search thingy that pops up on the left side of the screen. Let's go back to the way it was. Hey DickA,wassup???:?:?

Bigdog by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Now I'd like to know what interior caulk to use

OK, I got good advice on what exterior caulk to use and not to use. Thanks, all of you who weighed in on that one.Now my DW has shown me a small gap in the joint between the bathroom sink and counter top. So now I'd like to know if I could use plai...

What is this world coming to?

I just got back from a trip to the Great North West. I visited my dad after 16 years of not traveling up his way. He's been down a few times and we've been in touch on the phone and on the internet. It was a great visit, we had a wonderful time!My...

location if ill

Hi,I recently had a minor stroke. It occurred to me that if I am boondocking and need an ambulance that giving them directions may be an issue.Has anyone got a solution?

What kind of exterior seam caulk should I use?

I noticed just today that a couple lines of exterior seam caulking have started to peel off. I need to redo them quickly, since we're headed out this coming Tuesday and I want it off my to-do list before we leave.What kind of stuff should I use? Or...

Idaho SR-55 bridge warning

A heads up to all RVers using SR-55 through Cascade. DOT has reduced the axle weight for ALL vehicles on the north bridge to 9K/axle and will be further reducing it to 6K/axle this week. They are serious about this as the bridge is now considered uns...

Hard to Believe!

After 14 years of RV'g the winds of change started blowing and the trailer was listed for sale today. Never thought there would be a day I'd not have an RV or plans to go RV'g... Kid's are in college and it's time to start exploring more of the world...

Towing a vehicle

Is anyone towing a 2014 Ford Escape? We are thinking of buying one and are new to towing with a motorhome. Are they towable and if not can you use a dolly? hat other modifications would need to be done?

flair99 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes