RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is there DC wiring for a fan in my ceiling vent?

We have a Jayco fifth wheel. In the center of the bedroom is a roof vent. Lately we have been doing a lot of dry camping and would like to put a Fantastic fan in that roof vent. Does anyone know if there is DC wiring there or only AC wiring for a p...

twins89 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

EZE TOW DOLLY PROBLEM - HELP!

I recently purchased an EZE TOW DOLLY and was very impressed with the construction, design and quality of materials used. It tows well and is light enough that I can freight it around the campsite without much trouble.The only problem I am having wit...

Need help with wet floor

My HTT (Wildwood 17EXL 2010) has been sitting since last October. Today I went out to clean it really good. The linoleum -- if you can call it that-- was cracked by the door. It's like some papery /cardboardy stuff with faux wood grain on top. It to...

RV Tires.

Can anyone give me feed back on Firestone tires? I have Goodyear now. They are 295/80/R225. I can get the Firestone for around $1,800 less than The goodyear or Michelins.

Prudence or Paranoia?

I shut off my water to the TT every time we leave. I just don't trust the system to hold, and I certainly don't want to clean up a mess when I return. Is this unwarranted paranoia, or is it prudence? Do you shut your water off?What other things do yo...

byways by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Need braking system & tow bar

I am considering a very reliable 98 Saturn Wagon. It has a blue ox baseplate.I have never had a toad before and want to start out small & cheap as I am not sure if towing is going to work for me or IF I will continue to do so. I'm a single gramma and...

MaxBrake Controller issue?

When I first had the MaxBrake Controller installed I never noticed any “excess noise” coming from my hydraulic brake setup in the 5vr. Then one day, I got out and heard what sounded like the hydraulic brake pump running on the 5vr. My brake lights we...

kwinterb by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AC acting strange the last couple of days...

Like the title says,the last couple days our AC unit(99 Sierra by Forest River TT) has kinda flickered on and off if you go to adjust the thermostat. Does this sound like it would be a thermostat issue or maybe a converter issue?..Thanks..Phil

Need route help. NJ to Maine

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right place to post but the family and I are leaving for Maine tomorrow and my brother in law just moved to Boston and said that there were lots of low bridges that the moving truck almost didn't clear. Does anyone h...

New to RV'n need advice

I am new to this and my family is looking at purchasing a 23 ft. TT which I will be towing with a Dodge Dakota V8 with factory towing package. My question is about the need of sway bars and the best setup. Thanks in advance.

jlang13 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

coating the roof

Hi EveryWe just bough a 1998 class c should I recoat the roof the roof look great now, there's so much talk about coating the roof I was just wondering what to do if anything Thank You Wayne

way-lou by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Universal" tow bar

I am wondering if a universal towbar is really universal. I don't mind dropping the fascia to expose the bumper of my 2012 Ford Focus as the towing will only be once a month at most.Does anyone have experience with these?Russ

rjkfsm by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Forum Question

Just a bit of pot stirring here. Why do people either not read a post or fail to comprehend the thrust of the post if they do read it? I am referring specifically to the common campground complaint post of yesterday. The OP asked for common complai...

pitch by Explorer II
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

If I knew then what I know now

So here is a consumer warning straight from the street about a shifty, fly-by-night business that you want to avoid when it comes to 5th wheel/travel trailer and portable storage manufacturing, sales and service. I made the huge mistake of hiring B...