RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

laundry payment question

I've experience with florida but do most all states use quarters as the method of payment or is it like one local place here (where I wash our king comforter) that you have some sort of card with money loaded on it.Donna

dcason by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Obbanon State Park , Indiana

Got back from a weeks vacation Sat. First night stayed at Obbanon State Park for one night. park was beautiful though a bit crowded. The thing I was upset about was the cost. $40 for one night, electric only! I understand they charged more because...

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

An RV that almost no one could refuse

Tried posing a similar thought experiment on another forum, but wonder what the larger group of folks might come up with.Suppose you were approached by a large RV manufacturer who said you would receive $5 for every unit sold.The unit is an RV of you...

burlmart by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Almost constant running AC unit

So we bought a new TT in Dec....it only has one AC unit...when going through the buying process the sales person did not even mention adding a second one and honestly I didn't even think about it.I ran into someone on another forum that had the same ...

CakeHenn by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Shank Drop

Hi everyone. I am working on getting my weight distribution hitch set up correctly. I measured from the bottom of the ball coupler on my trailer to the ground and that measurement was 13.5 inches. From the top of the opening of my hitch connector on ...

krismast by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there DC wiring for a fan in my ceiling vent?

We have a Jayco fifth wheel. In the center of the bedroom is a roof vent. Lately we have been doing a lot of dry camping and would like to put a Fantastic fan in that roof vent. Does anyone know if there is DC wiring there or only AC wiring for a p...

twins89 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

EZE TOW DOLLY PROBLEM - HELP!

I recently purchased an EZE TOW DOLLY and was very impressed with the construction, design and quality of materials used. It tows well and is light enough that I can freight it around the campsite without much trouble.The only problem I am having wit...

Need help with wet floor

My HTT (Wildwood 17EXL 2010) has been sitting since last October. Today I went out to clean it really good. The linoleum -- if you can call it that-- was cracked by the door. It's like some papery /cardboardy stuff with faux wood grain on top. It to...

RV Tires.

Can anyone give me feed back on Firestone tires? I have Goodyear now. They are 295/80/R225. I can get the Firestone for around $1,800 less than The goodyear or Michelins.

Prudence or Paranoia?

I shut off my water to the TT every time we leave. I just don't trust the system to hold, and I certainly don't want to clean up a mess when I return. Is this unwarranted paranoia, or is it prudence? Do you shut your water off?What other things do yo...

byways by Explorer
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Need braking system & tow bar

I am considering a very reliable 98 Saturn Wagon. It has a blue ox baseplate.I have never had a toad before and want to start out small & cheap as I am not sure if towing is going to work for me or IF I will continue to do so. I'm a single gramma and...

MaxBrake Controller issue?

When I first had the MaxBrake Controller installed I never noticed any “excess noise” coming from my hydraulic brake setup in the 5vr. Then one day, I got out and heard what sounded like the hydraulic brake pump running on the 5vr. My brake lights we...

kwinterb by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AC acting strange the last couple of days...

Like the title says,the last couple days our AC unit(99 Sierra by Forest River TT) has kinda flickered on and off if you go to adjust the thermostat. Does this sound like it would be a thermostat issue or maybe a converter issue?..Thanks..Phil

Need route help. NJ to Maine

Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right place to post but the family and I are leaving for Maine tomorrow and my brother in law just moved to Boston and said that there were lots of low bridges that the moving truck almost didn't clear. Does anyone h...