RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How to add bleach to fresh water tank

The only way I can find to put water/bleach into the fresh water tank for cleaning is through the "city water" hose connection. Because of the angle of that connection and the screen over it/in it, pouring bleach in there is impossible. Even with a f...

RRTom by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire cables or chains

How many folks carry tire chains or cables for their motor home? Our Winnebago Sunstar is 18000 pounds and we are planning to travel mid October from Calgary to Spokane then further west to the coast and south to California.

bbeezzz by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

US Border agent gave my passport to.....??

For anyone that has border crossing concerns....Monday morning, crossing at Oroville, get the usual Agriculture inspection. Pull over to the left and wait for the agent.Agent finally saunters over...holds up the passport and observes..."you don't loo...

After thirty years of purchasing and five RVs later!!

After decades and multiple purchase, I’m done!! Heck, I was one of their first customers!! I won’t go into details, nor will I whine about the HORRIBLE treatment I received after my last purchase. I will never purchase from RVWholesalers again. I wou...

ENG2242 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

lens cover

Hi all. Looking without success to find a lens cover for my outside light on my 2014 voltage 3305. It is oval but not the porch light. maybe 10" length. Can't find local or on camping world site, amazon, etc.thanks

New to towing, hitch weight question

Hey all, new to towing and have a hitch weight question. The toy hauler TT I'm really want has a stated hitch weight of 1,015 lbs but my truck says it has a max tongue weight of 970 lbs. The TT GVWR is 9,985 lbs with a dry weight of 6,373 lbs. Should...

Travato lithium upgrade?

Hi all, we’re thinking to buy a 2019 Winnebago travato 59k but are struggling with the decision on whether to go with AGM batteries withgas generator, or just choke and pay a lot more for lithium batteries (@$20k more). We really like quiet at nig...

BCsac by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater leaking from side or bottom?

I am getting water leaking around my 6 gal water heater. It’s not coming from the hot or cold water lines and not from the outside drain area. But there’s water on the floor by the side of the heater facing the rear of the trailer. The water line run...

dri z air dehumidifiers

the contents of these is calcium chloride, the same ingredient as ice melt. Has anyone bought ice melt to refill the dri z air? I just bought 60 oz dri z air refill at walmart for $7, but you can buy 50lbs of ice melt at lowes for $30, I think it w...

Can of foam---where to spray?

Hey hey, just wanted to say, I got a can of foam and wonder where to spray? I found mouse holes and think no way!!! Are there other places they like to play? Can I insulate the exterior of my fridge in a clever way? ------For real I have 2 small hole...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel cover selection help

I want to cover my 5th wheel for the winter months. We live in the Southwest part of Pennsylvania and have snow wind and ice throughout the winter with occasional thaws.I have narrowed the selection down to two different covers.A Goldline coverGoldli...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

BFG tire disintegration

[img][/img] Tire issue - this disintegration happened on a back road. I noticed a low-air warning - looked at tire, seemed OK not flat, not even visibly low. Then drove about a mile or so, heading to the service station to air it. Then this, altho,...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes