RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Real towing advise please

Long story short, I had a 2017 Tacoma, bought an RV (Travel trailer), "they" said oh yeah, it will pull it, just don't go over 80% of towing weight (about 7000lb). Done, but we were kinda close to the 80% weight. LOADS of sway and scarey moments......

Scubydg by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

E2 Hitch/Unhitch on non-level spot

This past weekend, I was on an very unlevel spot. The TT was level but the tongue was very close to the ground; truck was quite nose high when hitching and unhitching. Had to raise the tongue VERY high to get the bars on my E2 hitch off & on. Am I...

Camping on my lot against zoning law

Greetings I’m new to the forum and enjoying it alot, however I can’t find an answer anywhere. What will happen to me when cops say I can’t live here. It’s on my lot in a small town of 10k. There’s No house, just a garage with electric. Ive lived in t...

Laws/Regulations for RV Fresh & Waste Water Service

Are there any? I'm guessing there might be one that prohibits using the same tank for both fresh and waste water. Other than that it don't look like it.Getting on in years, we traded the 5er for a coach and unhappily find that both the fresh water se...

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping guide

Has anyone received a gift of a free "rv and camping guide" from recreation group in california

Is tongue weight calculated in CGVWR?

I'm contemplating buying a pop-up trailer that would push the limits of my tow vehicle. I want to make sure I understand what all the figures mean. Let's use round figures to aid with our gorilla math.My combined max gross weight rating of my vehicle...

sdclaw21 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

This was my horse trailer not my camper. Came home from a trip and parked the trailer. Unloaded the horses and was walking back towards the trailer when I heard a loud Kaboom. No name tires were 8 years old. My Bad. Ordered Goodyear Endurance tires n...

Escapees?

I did a search and didn't find anything much about the Escapees. For some reason I assumed that the group was a Class A bunch and never paid much attention to them. But I was reading a blog post on groups to join like KOA or Passport America and the ...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing kids Cruiser. Hot water tank question

Our old Skamper and our newer Cedar both have 3 valves at the hot water tank. The tank is isolated by closing the in line and the out line. The pipe joining the two lines has a valve that is then opened for winterizing. I didn’t have to tell you all ...

How do you store your power supply extension cord

Got my 30ft 50amp extension cord made.I don't want to just throw it into a storage booth. Did that in our old 5th wheel but it was a 30amp and the cord was not near as heavy. I did this for now until I can come up with something different or maybe th...

cougar28 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Ductless AC instead of roof mounted AC

In addition to my roof repairs I am replacing the AC unit on my trailer.Does anyone have any experience with the Mini Split Ductless AC Heat Pump reliability on an RV? I have seen installs on youtube and they all claim no problems with it. I worry ab...

lastword by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Dolly resurrection

I have an old tow dolly that I want to put back into service. It does not have brakes on it. I am wondering what is a better braking setup, drum brakes or disc brakes using the surge controller. I am more concerned with towing in the mountains than o...