RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Can a rear bumper be repaired?

Hi all. Last summer on our last trip out I was backing into our spot without a spotter(my wife was coming up later) and I backed into a tree. The bumper did its job and left a "tree" indentation about 3-4 inches deep right in the middle of the b...

Solar System Feedback - Go Power Extreme

Happy New Year Everyone!Yesterday I dropped off my 5'r (Durango Gold G380FLF) at the dealer to get several small PDI issues taken care of. I've been looking at having a solar system installed and spoke with their service manager about which system th...

WackAway by Explorer
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Traveling in the summer

We have not done much camping in the summer. Instead we have focused on getting away from Illinois in colder months.We are thinking about moving to the sun belt, and would probably be doing the opposite of the above. Namely getting out during the s...

Information

Hello to all who post on this forum with information. It has the best info on weather it is cold - hot best campgrounds, best routes, best recipes and quick responce when someone needs help no matter what the problem is. RV people are the best in th...

Cross Country Trip: RV or TT ?

We are thinking of a 8-9K mile trip this spring from California to the East Coast.We have a TT that has worked well for trips as long a 10 days and 2000 miles so far.We have been contemplating trading the trailer for a class c Rv. (we had a class c f...

5outta6 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer or 5th wheel?

We have a really nice Viewfinder Signature 28BHOB that we bought new last year. We like it but the rear bunk sleeping area isn't the best arrangement for our needs. I have a buyer for it so I thought we should think about a 5th wheel with a bunk room...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

how to contact wandering labs

I paid the donation ( $20 ) to wandering labs to get the more frequent checks, but my check still shows "false" under premium membership.I can't find any contact info for them, or Tim Watson.Can anybody help with contact info ?

Freezing Temps

Hello, Can a RV be driven and used in freezing temps. Such as driving from Northern cold weather states to Fla. this time of year. Thanks.

yrusoslo by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

washer dryer hookups

Has anyone ever converted a bunk house model 5th wheel to washer dryer hookups? Seems to me if there is a rear bath or plumbing you could remove a bottom bunk and install a low profile washer dryer and run new lines across from the bath.I want to sta...

Locked or Unlocked

Due to a rash of truck break ins here in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley), we have been discussing the merits of leaving our pickups locked or unlocked? The thieves do more damage breaking in than they would if the vehicle was left unlocked. With $500 o...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

slide topper drainage

I’m looking for ideas to stop rain water from pooling on my slid toppers.Thanks and Happy Travels

3ares by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterized, but still want to use

Long time lurker here. I recently became a new class A RV'er and have a few questions.I live in eastern Colorado and have just returned from a trip to Florida. I winterized in FL before I left. - drain all tanks- drain HWH, blow-out, bypass- blow-o...

ckacosta by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

rv buying on ebay

Has anybody bought an New Rv off of eBay. What is every bodies thoughts the good the bad and the ugly lol Clint Eastwood But seriously I look at layouts and floor plans and they seem to have a good starting price so wondered if this was an option for...

sele by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes