RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Taijgate won't open

When hooked up to my TT, the tailgate on my 20113 GMC 2500HD won't clear the power tongue lift which is a pain in the rear when I want to unload anything from the truck without unhooking the trailer. Doesn't look like I can move the tongue lift any f...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Duracell Ultra 6V Golf Cart Battery

Does anyone use these Duracell Ultra 6V Golf Cart Batteries from Batteries plus? Only $99 when ordered online and picked up in-store. Want to get 2 6 volt golf cart batteries to start with, then maybe got to 4 eventually. The price for those Troja...

Directv

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 29139004

An Important Message From the North Pole

This annual notification was just sent from the boys up at North Pole Air Operations asking all RV’ers expecting Santa on Xmas Eve to please pay attention to the following guidelines in the interest of safety to the crew on duty tonight, and expedien...

SCVJeff by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

From us to you

I made this digital card a few days ago from an internet picture. I want to share it with all the forum members here. So from Ted and I,

Andersen rail mount and safety chains....

Hi folks,Wondering if anybody who has an Andersen rail mount hitch can tell me where they attach their safety chains.....if you have 'em?Was thinking I might attach a couple eye bolts to the rails before I install them.Thanks, and Merry Christmas.Mik...

Mike_E_ by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

On Board Generator vs Portable Generator

We are researching the purchase of a new toy hauler. And one of the options we are struggling with is whether or not to go with a portable generator, or the factory installed generator. Your opinions and experience on this subject would be greatly...

Water Heaters-advice?

So, the 10g Suburban water heater in my camper has, basically, died. When I removed it, the tank has completely rusted so much, I can't even tell where the leak is. It still heats! Tenacious thing it is.At any rate, time for a new water heater. M...

CaliannG by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

mail

Good morning all.I have asked a few of you some questions regarding mail. I am wanting to know how (if anyone) recieves durable medical equipment or supplies (DME) while on the road and if so; how does it work for you?I was hurt and required colostom...

Kailua by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

purchased a 2007 crv as a tow car

hello I just purchased a 2007 crv with automatic transmission I am going to tow it 4 down behind my 31ft leprechaun can anyone tell me whats a good base plate and tow bar to get im new at towing cars thanks mark from Charles town wv

black tank handle

How do you unstick the handle to dump the black tank. not able to pull it out, it feels like it is stuck. Merry Christmas

My last Dodge Ram ever !

Last week, my TV truck, (2014 Dodge Ram 1500) mysteriously locked itself with the "fob" in it. Luckily we were in the drive way, so just got the second one out of the trailer. Yesterday it started locking the truck every time I even put my finger on ...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Pumped Gas into my Diesel

I pumped about 15 gallons of gas into my diesel pickup. A State Trooper there at the station told of someone to call. They showed up in about 45 minutes. Pumped about 20 gallons of fuel out into a barrel in the back of his pickup. Filled up with 35 g...