RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best time and places to shop?

Best prices maybe at end of season for clearance, and at the big shows in January?Best selection during spring? Best time for used?AND obviously any time and all of the time if you're prepared to buy on a moments notice when you find exactly what you...

TNrob by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Should I worry?

2011 Expedition EL2008 Keystone Cougar 29BHSSpent tons and tons of time setting up my WDH, taking measurements before/after hitched up, adjusting the ball tilt, adjusting the number of links added, etc, etc. Towed all last summer...nothing too exces...

acritzer by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I even need a WD setup?

So I bought a fairly expensive WD hitch, but the place where I bought my trailer from (private sale) was literally around the corner from my house. So when taking it home, I didn't bother with the WD hitch. When I lowered the trailer onto my truck,...

shaner82 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ox Sway Pro wear mark

For those with a Blue Ox Sway Pro system, Is your chain digging into the rotating bracket? The metal bracket where the chain sits when traveling has a cradle or a saddle where you can see the chain is harder than the bracket and digging in. I'll ...

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Transfer - New "Toy"

Decided to go ahead and fight the crowds over Memorial Day Week-end and was able to get a campsite reserved yesterday. But the campsite is not conveniently located near a water spigot. We always attempt to get a spot within 200 feet of a spigot so ho...

tire pressure and blowouts

Last week before leaving on a trip I checked and adjusted all 8 tires. The truck calls for 75 rear, 70 front. It was a warmish day and I'm fiddleing with the DIC ( chev drivers information center) when I got to "front tire pressure #84 rear tp 89# co...

aruba5er by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Ready Brake on 2011 Honda Fit

I'm considering a Ready Brake for use with my Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar. Has anybody installed these on a Honda Fit? How was routing the brake cable? I'm trying to decide between professional installation and doing it myself.Any advice is appreciat...

Team_D by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Love Bugs Florida Turnpike

We will be traveling from Ocala, Fl to Ft Lauderdale, Fl using the Florida Turnpike Sunday. Any recent experiences to the love bug problems. ThanksDon

Duck by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile apps for RVing people in Canada - are there?

Hi there! We are new to Canada and I was wondering if there are any mobile apps (we are with android operation system) - online and offline - which you would consider and recommend as useful for RV-ing people.The google play store shows RV parky, RV ...

Leda by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can personal heating pad be used in a TT ?

My wife often has back pain and uses a heating pad at home. Can she use it in the TT? We have 30 amp service. Didn't know if we would blow a fuse or cause problems. It's kind of old so don't have a tag showing how many amps it uses.

sremsing by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

To all my fellow RVers in the USA, Hawaii and Alaska a happy, safe and enjoyable Memorials Day long weekend.Thank you and the highest praise to all of those who sacrificed and continue to sacrifice themselves to keep our great countries "Strong and F...

morley by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Tornado Weather

I am heading east starting Saturday. I will be traveling through NM,OK,HS,IL,IN,OH etc. My wife is worried about tornado's and is starting to rub off on me. I will be stopping in Hugoton, KS, and then Melvern, KS. We will be traveling on the 50/56 mo...

Gen-Y New Torsion WD Attachemnt Hitch

i All,Just received this product. I am really impressed at the build quality. This is a seriously heavy duty piece of towing hardware. Unfortunately, it will be 5 or 6 weeks till I get a chance to try it out and report back. A couple of initial obser...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Powder post beetle

Bought a flagstaff travel trailer 3/14 and noticed yellow powder on ledges of cabinets. Did some research to find out that it was powder post beetles and they were in the paneling when we bought it from the dealer. Dealer says they had never heard of...

Mhj108 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes