RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Problem setting up my WDH

Tried to get the WDH setup for my trip starting tomorrow and I've ran into a bit of an issue. There's 8 chain links on my bars. Only the last two will fit. I would never be able to get the other chain links installed. On the very last link, the b...

shaner82 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning Identification/Replacement

I have a 2001 Forest River Surveyor 210. The awning fabric is becoming brittle and torn and if I have it out and it rains the water gets inside the layers and fills like a balloon.I tried talking to camping world to find a replacement but they told ...

upmm019 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

New fifth wheel drove home need to return to dealer

Bought fifth wheel at Campers Inn and was unaware there would be a problem with the height of the automatic jacks that sit under the Grand Design Reflection, also with the length of the tire to pin distance. Looking for information on New Hampshire ...

Trouble getting my Pro Pride adjusted

Hi, I recently installed a Pro Pride hitch to replace the old, weak and undersized Quality S dealer installed WDH. The Pro Pride feels a ton better, but I'm having trouble getting any weight distribution. I took measurements of the trailer and truck,...

GCVWR question

The 2012 Expedition is rated for 9200 lb towing, GVWR 7300 and GCVWR 15000 lbMy TT is 9500 lb GVWR 6895 + 2605My question is in regard to the extra weight of the trailer weight vs the GVWR of the trailer. Does this actually mean anything if the trail...

The Fun Never Stops!

Recently acquired a 2001 Four Winds/Thor Funmover with the intent to use it for camping, fishing, hunting, and a return to vintage motorcycle flat track racing(not me, I'll be wrenching). The seller had used it for similar reasons with his son's moto...

timboln by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

cracking

We have cracks on the skin of our A Class Small amounts and they do not seem to be growing since we sealed them.Should we get them fixed now or can we wait till later We have 7 years left on the warrant

trtog7 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Memorial Day - Where are you camping?!

We have the golf cart loaded, we are packed and all hooked up! Just waiting on my bride to wrap up her half day at the office then we are off to Stone Mountain Park, GA!We can't wait! Where will you be parking it this weekend?!

Weird fridge issue

Why would my RV fridge Dometic 2410 work perfectly on propane and then freeze my veggies and go down to 20 on electric? Readjusting the thermostat doesn't make a difference. Plus it takes 2 days for this to happen. The fridge is just 4 years old and...

vtchris by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing behind Mighty Hauler

I was thinking of getting a mini golf cart and haul on Mighty Hauler and tow CR-V behind it. I have Georgetown 328TS and wondering what problems I could expect and is this a good idea.

For that have added a second AC yourself.

My 5er is prewired for a second AC, and I'll be using/removing the vent . Not planning on running both at same time as we're seasonal on 30amp service. So my questions are how difficult of a job is it? And any tricks to getting this thing onto the ro...

mowin by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes