RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Does a resource exist that allows for easier RV shopping?

We recently bought a new Ram 2500 with about 13k towing and 3300 payload. We haven't pulled our 6k TT with it yet but it's going be be a vast improvement over our previous TV: Ram 1500 with small v8 and 6400 towing.We knew when we bought the TT that ...

TNrob by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Pre-purchase inspection in New Jersey

Can anyone recommend a good place or person to do a thorough pre-purchase inspection of a Class A gas RV in New Jersey? I think I can do a good job of inspecting the house, but could use a practiced and knowledgable eye to go over the engine, drivetr...

Generator Hour Meter

I'm not at home now so I haven't look further into this yet. So its easier to just ask here.I started the generator Friday before the trip to let it do its monthly run. But as I was starting it, I was distracted and then I realized I was holding down...

Back hanging up. Casters?

My 21 foot bumper pool keystone hobby was close to hanging up at my hunting cabin, and now this 26 foot long forest river toy hauler is guaranteed to get hung up because there is a short creek to cross that is kinda steep to get down to both ways.I'...

bandit86 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

"The Long, Long Trailer" Score!

Greetings! I was at our local used media store and was thumbing through their "bargain" section and I found a pristine copy of "The Long, Long Trailer."I've never seen it but I am stoked to have found it...I have never see this move for sale before ...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Road master add a brake

I have a road master add a brake. The black box one that sits between the seat and the pedal. I has lasted for many many years. But now when it is pluged into the power outlet it extends the brake rod all the time.When i unplug the power it re tracks...

? LED Replacement Bulb f/Lantern w/Old Flashlight Bulb

Any recommendations for reasonably-priced LEDs to replace standard flashlight incandescent in AA powered lanterns? Right now 2 hours useful light is about all we get, hoping LEDs, if I can get the cheap enough, will last at least a whole night.

Asphalt storage pad

I'm extending my driveway (12' wide) by 17 feet so I can park my 33' Forest River 5th wheel on it for a few days before and after our trips. We have an offsite storage facility for long-term storage. The dry weight is 10,000 pounds, axle dry weight i...

Just follow the GPS

Not sure this has been posted yet looks like it happened yesterday, Just ran across it today! Canada woman drives into lake.It`s nice to know the stupid people aren't only in the U.S.

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New 5th wheel and towing issues

hi everybody it's been a few years since I've been here and I'm back with some issues that I hope someone can help with ....we recently upgraded our 31 foot travel trailer to a 38 foot fifth wheel and we are having some towing issues and don't know w...

kimomjtb by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge Question

Greetings all ,I have been RV & camping for a number of years and I've owned a number of RVs and refrigerators ,so this one is kind of an odd issue for me.My new to me fifth wheel has a Dometic Fridge ---I'm not sure which model number it is ,but it'...

bfast54 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat Towing

I have a 2005 30' Gulf Stream Ultra SE I have never towed anything on the back. I currently own a car that I'm reading can be towed - Isuzu Ascender 2005. Does anyone have an opinion on that? Also, if I can tow it can anyone recommend what (tow) name...

Travasak/RV Superbag opinions?

As an alternative to trying to keep a RV bed made (which is difficult with the two part mattress with the motorhome I'm looking at), I'm wondering if Travasaks or RV Superbags are acceptable replacements. Anyone use these and have good/bad/ugly thin...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes