RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Honda abandons Dinghy market? maybe not!

The 2015 Dinghy Guide mentions no Hondas. I knew the CRV was out (CVT), but had expected to see the Fit and maybe the oncoming H-RV.Having towed Hondas for 20 years and now needing a new dinghy, this is hard news for me.UPDATE The manual 6 speed, Fro...

ccchuck by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda HR-V do they know something I don't know?

Manufacturer: Blue OxModel: Tow Bar BaseplatePart Number: BX2262This towbar baseplate is designed to fit the following vehicles:2015-2016 HONDA HRVhttp://www.hitchsource.com/15-16-honda-hrv-blue-ox-tow-bar-baseplates-p-36414.html?gclid=CKig98OEqscCFY...

ccchuck by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pressure regulator?

Everyone using them? Ive been a week in wisconsin and everyone around us didnt use one. I did, had terrible pressure.Now on the way to Tennessee, our stop in IL, no one is using. I am, no pressure issues.No longer needed or what?

Generator

I just found out that the 3250 watt generator from a big box store that came with a RV 30 amp plug in adapter, will not run the A/C on my Trailer. It will only make 13.5 amps or 1625 watts on each of the 110 volt sides. The generator makes 3250 watts...

Buster52 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Is replacing Jensen Antennae with King Jack an upgrade

This is a different spin on the antennae debate. I have a travel trailer with the Jensen omni directional antennae. In looking at the install instructions for the Wingard and the King, I could install the King in the existing location in my TT, if I ...

Dinghy towing a Subaru

I have been towing a 2012 FWD Prius on a tow dolly behind my Class C and am looking to tow a car 4 wheels down with the expiration of my Prius lease. I am considering buying a 2015 or 2016 Subaru Forester with manual transmission and wondered if anyo...

longer or heavier?

Would it be more strain or difficulty pulling a trailer with a dry weight of 5354 and 32 feet long or a trailer with dry weight of 6365 and 30 feet long? Just wondering if it makes a difference, trying to weigh my options between two trailers. Thanks...

Smelly water

It took me a while to accurately diagnose this, but the water coming out of my hot water heater smells strongly of sulphur. I have no idea exactly when this started; the rig was stored for more than a month since my last trip. It was fine then. Th...

Sometimes it's the little things...

Nailed the set up today!Backed into the site, right where I wanted to land on the first try, with no spotter. Got out and checked side to side level...bang on perfect with no need for blocks. Unhooked the truck, walked to the side level and noticed I...

Thank goodness for Good Sam ERS

Let me start out by saying I'm not an employee of Good Sam. Was pulling my Big Country east on I70 through Illinois with my 3500HD. Pulled into Camp Lakewood in Effingham (great stop), unhooked and started for the gas station. Truck immediately we...

Best Camping - Bar Harbor - Acadia Nat'l Park Area

We plan to go to Acadia Nat'l Park in September and would like to know your favorite campground. We do not need full hookup but do at least want electric. We have been there three times and once had a great campground but do not remember the name. ...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Odor in RV

We recently went on an almost five week trip and had no issues with odor in our 5th wheel. Then went on another one week trip and last night noticed a strong suphur (rotten egg)smell in the bathroom area, not the potty room, but near the sink and sh...

Driver Side Friction Sway

I have an Eaz-Lift friction sway device on the passenger side. TT tows just fine but for $50 I figure I'll go ahead and add one the the driver side too. Seems that Eaz-Lift offers a left and right and left side unit is about $25 more than the right...

Bathroom Privacy

Well, sure enough it happened. The wife opened the door while my son's friend was in the bathroom doing some paperwork. Just a quick "ahh!" and then nothing so not a big deal. Nothing seen or anything. But our bathroom door has no lock. I don't want ...