Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Onan 10K Voltage Adjustment

Onan QD Model: 10HDKCA11506B Spec: B S/N: I070102488How do you adjust the voltage on this generator? The service manual which includes HDKCA (Spec A-E) documents a procedure that involves rapidly pressing start 6 times. This procedure does not cause ...

Toilet Leak from Vacuum break Valve

I have a traveler toilet Model 910. I recently discovered a leak at the rear of the toilet. I thought it was the sprayer hose but come to find out it was the vacuum break valve. I replaced the valve and it still leaks from the top of the valve (out o...

Hot water heater help please

I have a 2008 WW that came with the Atwood G103E 10 gallon water heater with an aluminum tank. This is my first RV that I have owned since 2008. A few of my friends have told me their water heater came with an anode rod but when I looked at mine all ...

joe_blow by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

solar options

Last summer I had a 240 watt kit(from Solar Blvd.) Installed on our MH. It has two 120 watt panels feeding a 20 amp charge controller. I recently had the two stock 12 volt marine house batteries replaced with four Trojan T-105s since we almost alwa...

What did you replace your Norcold 1200LRIM with?

Well, the day has come. Today the Norcold in my 2004 coach gave up the ghost in the form of a belch of ammonia. As many problems as people have had with them, I guess 10 years of heavy use is not bad.Since I full-time and don't really boondock, thi...

tkcas01 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C compatible with 2000 watt Generator?

I'm looking to get a small solid-sided trailer (6' x 11' open interior) and would like to add a roof-mounted air conditioner. What brands/models/sizes would be able to run on a 2000w generator?

DougE by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Exterior back mounts for kayaks?

I really want to buy the Forest River Solera S, but it doesn't have storage big enough for my yak board (small, sit-on-top kayak). And I can't be pulling it up on the roof (30+ pounds). Is there a mount for carrying a kayak I could mount on the back ...

mfjensen by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

refridg coolant unit

Thank you all for your positive responses to replacing the refridge coolant unit. Where have your purchased your from?Has any one used the RV ice box?They have a rebuilt one with 3 yr warranty for $ 375 plus $45 shipping

rooty by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Onan 5000 problems

We recently purchased a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. We had the generator running last week, but when I tried to start it yesterday, it didn't even sound like it was tring to crank. It made a beeping noise when I held the start button down. I had th...

Battery drain

Can anyone tell me what is hooked up to the battery, I have two eyelet wires hooked to a positive terminal and a square black plastic box hooked to a neg. terminal. Just replaced all new batteries, and batteries discharge within 8 hours. Can anyone ...

firedog by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Self Sufficient on Solar? Something Not Right !

I'm happy w/ my small 200 watt solar, but it dawned on me the other day that if the sun hangs in here as long as I do (here in QZS) I will have saved a whole $60 of gasoline I usually burn in my Honda 1000 in a couple months. Not a terrible return on...

50 amp circuit in a short "C"?

While browsing the market, I came across a short "C" (24 feet) that had a 50 amp circuit, 5500 watt Onan genset... and one A/C unit. Apparently, the PO specced it this way from the factory so he could run his cabin from the RV with just an extension...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes