Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electric Blanket with Inverter

I just picked up a 450 watt inverter and will be traveling out west and Walmart camping on the way out. Our truck camper has a single 27 group battery and curious if the battery and inverter is sufficient to operate a dual control, queen size electr...

Fuel cutoff solenoid for Onan gensets?

For storage, I've wondered how useful it would be to have either a fuel petcock valve on the line, or if one wanted to get fancier, a solenoid activated fuel valve (so it could be turned on/off from inside.) This way, the generator can be shut off v...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Cat heater: how many BTU?

After a few nights at +2C/36F in the morning I realized that even in Mexico a good heater is a must. OEM furnace is a cr-ap, too much noise and propane.It has to be a vented heated, which leaves only one choice - Platinum Cat. They have models 3,000 ...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas grill.

I currently have webber q100. Doesn't get hot enough. Any recommendation on how to fix it or what to replace it with. Tks

Inverter and Shore Power ??

If the RV is plugged into shore power does it make any difference if the inverter stays on or not? Will it harm anything if the inverter switch is left on ?? thanks

Yamaha EF2000iS Generator with LP/Propane conversion

Anybody have any experience with a unit converted to tri-fuel (gas, LP and propane)? I found a place that sells them new, stating that the factory, 3 year warranty remains intact. It's about a $300 up-charge for the installed conversion, ready to go....

Initial back yard testing on magic heated carpets

Hi all,Here is the raw dataTest started at noon on Jan 23, 2014. Air temperature in the RV was well below freezing (-27 c, 16 f) when I picked it up from storage. I ran the generator to exercise it while I put on a new 50 amp Camco plug on my "break ...

powerhouse 2000wi gen

Has anyone had any exp with a powerhouse gen. local store has one they are closing outfor around 400.oo a 2000 w unit. thinging of picking it up for tt. read some good and bad reviews on it. I know it`s not a Honda but we don`t do a lot of boondockin...

thoms by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace old TV with Flat Screen

I have replaced the old TV’s in our 2000 Pace Arrow motorhome with new flat screens.Now both (front & back) TV’s will not work. I replaced the front coax cable with a new one and now the front TV works. The back does not. I do not want to run a new c...

wjmblm by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Split 50 amp to two 30 amps?

Fist let me say that this is for a marine application. A 50' Tollycraft. My brother has a 50' Tollycraft and the boat has two 30 amp male connectors that feed the on board electrical system. Is there a connector that can split the 50 amp feed from...

Caulking type...

Well, my RV now almost 5 yrs old is showing signs of needing re-caulking...The roof still looks pretty good, but around the baggage doors, fresh water fill, shore power hatch, and tail lights the caulk has become mostly cracked...I spoke to one deale...

3_tons by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaking Dometic 310 Toilet

I just noticed that my Dometic 310 toilet is leaking between the bowl and the pedestal. I did some internet searches and found some info that said this is not repairable. Has anyone else had this problem? This toilet is in a 2011 Cedar Creek Fifth Wh...

Tiny jumper packs/power supplies

I have not seen any other threads here concerning these products, and I'm pretty sure they would be of some interest to many on this forum. Not so much as a jumpstarter, but perhaps as a hint toward future electrical storageThese are claiming they a...

jump pack

I have an Amerilite 21. It has no 12 volt receptacles. I wanted to be able to run a small tv while not on shore power. also possibly a laptop which draws considerably more power than the tv, about 3 amps.I figured my options are to wire in an inverte...