Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Travel trailer circuit breakers keep popping

Not willing to freeze to death this winter in our Jayco Pinnacle in Kelowna, B.C, we purchased a 2006 29-foot Roadrunner Elite travel trailer and have been happily wintering in Apache Junction, Arizona since October. Happily, that is, except for the...

CCI 7719 to Safe T Alert Conversion wiring

My CCI 7719 Alarm was malfunctioning so I got the Safe T Alert 70-742 kit, with solenoid.Replaced the solenoid, enlarged the hole for the alarm and wired up the unit.(1999 Southwind)Here's the issue: The CCI had 3 wires: yellow and 2 reds.MH wiring h...

BoatCop by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of battery corrosion- HELP!

Hi:I'm hoping the folks here could help me solve my problem.Ever since I have had my toy hauler, I have had problems with battery terminal corrision. I assume this was being caused by outgassing from my two deep cycle interstate 6v batteries wired in...

teksavy by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Bristol 3" waste tank valve

My 2013 Keystone came with Bristol 3" cable actuated waste valves. I need to replace one of them and can not find one online? I prefer not to go through dealer. I have a feeling this valve is no longer available. Can anyone give me link to where I ca...

therink by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2000 Fleetwood Expedition electrical problem

Any have info on how the auto transfer switch circuit works? When plugged into shore power everything works. After unplugging from shore power and starting the gen set the only ac power available is what goes through the inverter. I can hear the tran...

2013 Coachmen Freelander Gray Valve Issue

I'm struggeling with opening/closing passenger side gray valve. I must sit on the ground facing the valve and pull with both hands to open or close.No problem with the other 2 valves, gray & black on drivers side; just bend over and pull, very easy! ...

Are my house batteries shot?

Looking for a little knowledge and assistance from you experts around here, so please chime in if you can educate a newbie here! I have had our Class C Sunseeker plugged in to shore power for the last week here at home. It has 2 12-volt deep cycle ...

Proposed Solar Install thoughts

Planning my solar install and here is what I'm currently thinking. Need opinions on the pros amd cons of my install.morningstar tristar 45amp mppt charge controller with remote temp sensor and remote meter250watt 24V panel (to start, will be going up...

AGM batteries

Hello, wondering if AGM batteries should be equalized monthly as normal wet cell batteries are. Thinking of changing to AGM. ThanksSocal

socal by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Voltage drop from solar controller

or: Here we Go Again.Still trying to get my 420 Watts of solar to fully charge my 484 AH of battery. (Currently in southern Mexico.)Layout:2 80 Watt panels and 2 130 Watt panels in parallel, 420 Watts (Went parallel rather than series because where I...

underbelly storage bins

can someone direct me to a web site that offers storage bins but that would have compartments in them? I don't want just a big box and have to sort through it to find something, but am looking for a compartmentalized bins

jlscjs by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda needs replacing- opinions on Yamaha 2400 and others

The 5 year old Honda EU 2000 is no longer producing power. Runs fine, but no power. about $700 to fix. I am going to replace it but am now considering a bigger genny that will allow me to run my 13,500 btu AC the 1-2 times a year where I don't have p...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Detector and antifreeze??

Ok, what new chemical have they added to RV antifreeze that I don't know about??I've winterized the MH twice here in Florida and each and every time it sets off the propane detector. It takes me about an hour of opening windows and the exhaust fan to...