Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is there a decent brand of RV shower faucet?

Leaning towards the Dura Faucet single lever. Or maybe a residential brand if it comes in the 4" spacing. What brand would you buy if you needed one today? Lets say under $50. The Dura Faucet looks to be about $30.

wopachop by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Merging a Xantrex SW2024 to a Tesla Lithium battery

I have a Xantrex SW2024 that states in its manual that under a custom battery setting that the bulk charge can be set anywhere from 3v to 32v. It also states that when the voltage rises to the absorption voltage that it will switch to absorption from...

Battery Charging Troubleshooting

Here’s my equipment:Battery Monitor with shunt. ( not a Victron or Trimetric but seems to be accurate)Trojan T-105’s x 2 ( one month old, water level is good)Progressive Dynamics 55 amp converter with charge wizard( I replaced a WFCO)200 watts port...

dccamper by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge protector

Reading a post on choosing between TPMS and surge protector. I only monitor my duals with a cheap TPMS and quite happy with it.Have not looked into this but thinking why cant I add a whole house surge protector to my electric panel? I have a 30...

jjrbus by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Servicing Wheel Bearings

While servicing my trailer bearings I got to wondering why our cars and trucks don't have the same maintenance schedule. There is no difference in design or quality so why the big difference in mileage or time? Components are designed to carry a a s...

Bowti by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter question

I was moving furniture in & scraped against the breaker box, now I have no shoreline power. After checking breakers, power cord , adapter plug ,ect. I opened cover to breaker box / converter cover n found what appears to be on the converter , 2 ( tra...

AJO by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Air Line from air bags

I have a 2000 Harney Coach Works 37 foot Riata and my son is trying to replace the two rear airbags. They are Firestone Air Ride. He has gotten to the point of trying to remove the air hose and is not quite sure weather it is a squeeze and pull t...

Gary_ by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Roof coating on top of old Coating?

Hello all!Me and my girlfriend just picked up what we thought was a nice move in ready camper, but to our dismay it had a decent leak on the front wall of the camper. We are both lacking a lot of knowledge on RV's, although I have worked a lot of ma...

EMS/Surge Protection or.... TPMS???

If you only had $200 or $300 available, would you spend it on an EMS/Surge Protector or on a Tire Pressure Monitoring System? Which would you consider the higher priority?Bonus points if you give an opinion on which specific product you would buy (m...

Onan primer switch wiring ??

I have an older 2800 Onan Generator now and it does not cause the fuel pump to run when the "stop" side of the control switch is held down when the engine is not running in order to prime the carb. I have had other units that had this feature and the...

Firman 1500 generator issues

I bought this unit to take camping. It doesn't even have half an hour of use time when the unit sent too many volts to our travel trailer and started the trailer on fire. Luckily we all got out safely and the damage was kept to a minimum. However dea...

Genesis Supreme Vortex 28IKS Switch???

Hello,I just bought a Genesis Supreme Vortex 28IKS and there is a switch under the sink which I have no idea what it controls. I tested the switch there is power to the switch and turns on and off power. But nothing on the inside or outside of the ...

Onan 4000 MicroQuiet - Quasi No Start (new carb needed?)

Searched high and low & can't seem to find an answer to what I have going on.....Generator came with my '15 RV. 160hrs on it, most before I bought it. Plenty of spark. Plenty of fuel flow as tested with fuel line off carb & using prime function. New ...

Powertour by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

generator question

does anyone know if I can pair a 2021 onan gen. prepped 5th wheel with a Honda 6500 generator? could a knowlable electrician be able to do this?

hud60 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes