Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tow Service Recommendations

When we purchased our TT we got 12 months of towing assistance as part of the deal. It is now expiring. I was going to get the Good Sam towing service until I noticed that in the fine print I would be authorizing them to charge my credit card for a...

Old Generator is tired, 3500 watt enough for TT?

Every year I camp out at a music fest for 4 days. 5 years ago I picked up a little 3500/3000 watt Champion. It worked great for my pop-up. Last year I got the TT but shared my buddies generator. Don't think I even really ran the air.This year the...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out or no

Looking at a gulf stream conquest 255 with slide out and a 25lx heartland prowler no slide out. Rest of the features are about the same. Price the same. It's me my wife 2 girls 7 & 10. Plus two big dogs. I've read were slide outs are the number 1 pro...

Cdaddy by Explorer
  • 88 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijac front bed tie down...Ding!

Hello to all,Not sure if my issue has been discussed in the past! I installed Happijac front bed tiedowns because the conflict with the fuel door. And, now I'm not sure if it was a wise decision. The bracket has flexed dinging the corners of the be...

DOITHARD by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Not sure of the logic

A few weeks ago we decided to take a weekend trip to one of our favorite RV spots. We called a week in advance which in the past had been more than adequate. I guess other people have caught on how nice this place is. We were told they were full. Her...

mikeflys by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

scissor stairs

My stairs are starting to feel unstable. I have them for 10 years. Is there some maintenance I should be doing? I have tightened the bolts at the top. It is a 6 step set of stairs. I can't see a name but I want to say it was a Tork lift but I am ...

rutzbeck by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Can we talk toilet paper?

Just got back from a wonderful trip in Michigan's upper Peninsula and I have question for my fellow TC'ers. We have been using commercial RV toilet paper in our TC but I hate that stuff. It's so thin and flimsy the only safe way to take care of bus...

GM and Navistars new trucks .

Friend of mine is working on these trucks in development. He showed me pictures of the truck . Pretty cool ! Navistar frames, and GMs truck bodys and duramax engine. Should be out sometime in 17. Pretty sure they are 4500,5500,6500 ? Should be good...

Old Truck Story

Just thought I would pass this story along for you guys that have old vehicles. My Wildcat Fifth Wheel has been in New Jersey for almost two years and I needed to get it to Florida. I had worked a deal with a transport company to bring it down. I had...

Bluhorn by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

I think we need a new section...

... that pertains to the extracurricular activities that go along with camping. Such as.. fishing, biking, 4 wheeling, boating, kayaking, motor cycle, etc.. etc.......... canoeing Anyway.. my latest project is this outrigger build for my canoe. Got t...

NOW what ?? SO confused!!

OK.. Hoping you can help... We are currently towing a T1950 Sunline with a chevy avalanche. In the market for new Tow Vehicle... We are almost ready to close the deal on a F150.Now we are getting concerned that the new F150's are too light... can you...

Awning shock absorber

We have a 2015 Zinger TT with a Carefree motorized awning. On one side the shock absorber/lift spring is bent and needs replacement (my fault). I have received the new shock and was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs? It looks like it's held on ...

the_c_s by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes