Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Full awning replacement

Just brought home our new to us 2008 25F Jayco Jay Feather. It is in great condition! Only thing we need to do is get a new awning. The tracks are there and the wiring for it too. It was apparently out in a storm and it ripped it off. I see many plac...

kimsfa by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery

I had to replace the battery in my 23B. It requires a group 27 deep cycle battery. Found out when the dealer replaced the battery a few years ago, they put in a24 cycle. Anyway, It has been about weeks since the new battery was installed.I put a Die...

msue by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with lamination on Keystone Cougar

We have a 2008 Keystone Cougar and last year noticed a few very small ripple looking spots on the front of the camper which would disappear according to the weather. Well, in the last two or three months it has progressed to a couple of large buckl...

External propane tank

Was wondering if anybody connected an external 20lb propane tank to the quick disconnect fitting on the camper? I have a hose with regulator connected to block that has various ports, including a male quick disconnect fitting. Will connecting an exte...

jrdebono by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Current draw from refrigerator.

We have been on the road for six months. Lately it seems like our batteries (new 12v 27 series deep cycle) are going low more quickly. I took out all the 12V fuses and checked the current draw as each was replaced. The refrigerator took a lot even th...

Flatfive by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

broken water heater,wont fire

well I left my by pass valves on.fired the gas side got about a minunte .then nothing.led now wont come on at the control panel and it wont fire .anybody give me and idea what might be wrong? its a suburban gas/elec.

big_russ by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Bikes over Tonneau Cover

Finally finished my bike carrier project. I have a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit tonneau with the explorer rails. I bought some parts used, but mostly new. In my opinion, this is one of the better ways of carrying your bikes when towing a TT with a pickup...

Advice needed on upcoming trip

I will be picking up my new camper this upcoming week and need help setting up my itinerary. My initial plans are to travel (solo) through the entire US several weeks at a time, when I am bored or need to come back leave the truck and camper in a s...

GM Factory 5th Wheel Prep

I finally received my Chevrolet 3500 Dually last week after ordering it 3 1/2 months ago. GM finally came out with the factory 5th wheel puck system so I ordered it with the truck. I haven't seen anyone post that they had one so here is mine.B&W has...

Rich1961 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric Trolling Motor Battery Charging

I am trying to figure out the best way to charge a 12v battery that I use to power an electric trolling motor. Our main boat engine's electrical system does not have the capacity to charge the trolling motor battery.Our TC has 180 watts of solar pan...

Question on Lance Trailers

I'm starting to see more and more Lance trailers around here and the new ones I've seen appear to have a flat roof without the normal "dome" you see on every other trailer. Seems like water would not drain off the roof as well. Is there a reason fo...

Ron3rd by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Boat search is over...

It took some time, research and talking to those who know. I came to some concluions and made some changes to my needs and the reality of how I'll use the boat and where.Deal is not complete but it should wrap up soon. Decided on going to an outboard...

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

ram 3500 firestone tires

2015 Ram 3500 has Firestone tires. LT 275/70/R18on doorfront 60psirear 80 psiwhen pulling 5er, 11,200 lbs could you let me know what pressure.I would think 80 rear but not sure of front. says 60, but that doesn't seem eneough

Rear view cameras

Read the post about backup cameras, but what about rear view cameras ? I'll be pulling a small cargo trailer behind the TC this fall and would like to be able to monitor it going down the road as it is not visible thru rear view mirrors. Has anyone i...

22' 0r 25'? Does Size Matter?

Hello all and thank you in advance for any insight. Here is my quandary. I currently have a 2010 Nash 22h and an 07 5.9 cummins 2500. The trailer is great. 120w solar, super clean, and paid for! I have finally got a break from the real world and will...

wsc7050 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes