Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Your biggest truck camper mistake?

Heading out on the road in a couple of days, for our first long trip with our new to us truck camper (having previously owned and travelled extensively with a travel trailer). What is/was your biggest truck camper mistake?Hopefully, we can learn fro...

Moved Up to F350

Traded the diesel F250 for a diesel F350 yesterday. We were very pleased with both the discounts and the dealer is painting our tonneau cover to match the new truck and transferring the 50 gallon fuel tank we installed to replace the original tank on...

What's your fav new slide out TC?

I'm not ready yet, but within the next few years plan to buy a new or close to new TC with slide outs.From my looking around it seems to me, that Host male the nicest ones.What are your thoughts?

Blanco1 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

03 Silverado transmission

As you all know I have had a bad whine in my transmission for quite sometime. After 6 shops said the noise was in the transfer case I replaced it and the noise was still there. It is currently in the shop. The guy I had work on it before put an off b...

painting your outside exhaust fan hood

Its turned yellow.Has anyone got any pointers on painting that plastic vent cover.The on on my 2005 Bigfoot has turn yellow and can not seem to find a replacement vent.Also i think i will up date the Vinyl trim inserts after that.Thanks

GULFMAN by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost weight distribution bar

I recently lost on the highway a Reese hitch weight distribution bar 49575. I have since learned they no longer make that hitch. I have had no luck on ebay finding a new bar. So now it looks like I will be purchasing a new hitch. My travel trailer...

fdekalb3 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2005 plus SUV that can tow 6.5k (Edited title)

The wife and I were talking and I believe she is coming to the realization that we actually need 2 tow vehicles (one for the travel trailer and one for the horse trailer). This is because I've found myself having to make two trips to get the travel t...

Bigfoot & NL Construction?

So how are these campers built? I understand the clamshell. They have foam insulation, I assume sprayed to the interior walls? How are the cabinets attached to the walls? Or, is anything attached to the walls? Is the wall covering like wallpaper and ...

2011 keystone sprinter 311bhs dinette bed

We have never folded our dinette table down till this last trip, it is in the slide with cushions at the back side too. No matter how we put the cushions we could not get the whole bed cover with a cushion, if someone has a picture it would be great....

Are my batteries dead or what?

So an odd thing happened this weekend. Our campground had a power outage in the middle of the night, and we noticed because our fan stopped working. The power was still not back in the morning and we heard it would take a long time for it to be fixed...

Carport opinions

I am finally going to pull the trigger on a metal carport and am limited on space. The biggest I can do is right around 24'X 24'. Height is important too and figured 12' with a no gable A-Frame will be enough height for my setup- 4X4 with basement an...

Area13 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Design 308BHTS

I realize this has probably been covered many time before, but down sizing from a Class A to a TT and wondering if a 1/2 ton new model truck can handle the Reflection 308 BHTS, 9995 lbs GVWR. Is it marginal and should I just go for a 3/4 ton? Thank...

Galena by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Best oxidation remover?

Good day to all - What is the best oxidation remover for laminated fiberglass on T.T. out there with out breaking the bank and breaking my shoulder?Thank you to all in advance :h

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Suction cups on fiberglass side

I've seen some people on here use suction cups and pvc for a drying rack. That got me thinking.... Sometimes when group camping we tie a tarp between trailers. Would it be possible to damage the fiberglass side if I get a couple suction cups and t...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes