Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Making Oil

I see on another forum where owners report of showing more oil on their dipstick at the end of a long hard drive than at the beginning. Mostly with turbocharged engines. Anything to this or explanation?

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

HITCH HEIGHTH ?

I am installing my old class 3 adjustable heighth hitch on my new to me Ford Explorer with factory receiver. On the lowest setting my ball is still 2-3 inch's taller than my trailer hitch is when trailer is level. This is unhooked. Do you think my...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

GMC/Silverado 2500 Gas

I am wondering if anyone has towed with either of the 2020/21 subject trucks and what are your thoughts. Tell me your thoughts on the ride, power and amenities. Let me know what and where you have pulled so that I can get a good idea of what the vehi...

cliffy49 by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

12 volt DC problem

Last night my 12volt lights went dim and the big long motor operated awning came in at a snails pace and I thought it was going to quit. This morning, none of the 12 volt dc is working. As soon as it is light out, I'll check the battery, but if it is...

Guy_Roan by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New 2021 Host Cascade

Bought a new 2021 Host Cascade Truck Camper and man is it nice. It has everything. Onan generator, full bath, king bed, 2 TV's, fake fireplace, dining table and seat, and 2 recliners.If you go to the Host website you can take a virtual look at it. It...

billsnp5 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Green Valve Stem Covers

I went to add some air into my tires for my camper and noticed they were green valve stem covers. I remember someone telling me once that green caps usually indicate the tire is filed with nitrogen. Does anyone know if that's true? I can't seem to f...

Pipsfc by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

TCs and Covid Vaccinations

Just a random (and wistful) thought: at first, we were going to load up the TC and camp our way to FL for the winter (we own a snowbird condo). A Tropical Storm was messing with our plans - so at the last minute we decided to hurry and beat the stor...

Trailer hitch pin

When you insert a hitch into the receiver, you secure it with the hitch pin. Considering receivers and and balls are rated for different weights, has anyone ever seen a rating on a hitch pin? And has anyone ever broken or sheared a hitch pin?Bill

Trackrig by Explorer II
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Heater Problems

I flushed out Gas Water Heater with fresh water, now heater only heats water "Luke Warm" but flow has increased since cleaning.Any idea what caused change in heating? Was heating fine before flushing.

EBarr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Arctic Fox 865 Short Bed

Hi all,Thinking of upgrading the truck to a Dodge dually short bed. Does anyone here carry an 865 on a short bed Dodge? Dually or not. How does the camper ride on the shorter bed? How is the fit? I saw the post with the AF 811 on a Dodge short bed. P...

waterproofing slide floor

I just had my 12 ft slide floor replaced due to water damage and it was pretty expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to waterproof the new floor? inside especially which means no flexseal type products which arent healthy for indoor use....

bamaboy by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram 3500 with factory airbags

I bought a new Ram 3500 DRW with factory airbags for my camper. I just loaded the camper on it for the first time and it looks great. The issue I have is after loading camper the airbags brought the truck up to the same height as it was when unloade...

billsnp5 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes