Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Long Term Stay Camper on or Off

If you were staying at a site such as a National Park camp site for an extended period of time, do you guys leave your camper on your truck or unload so you can travel and see the sites without your camper?Another example. Say you planned to work for...

load and towing capacity

I have a 2011 dodge diesel crew cab truck 4x4. I would like to get a truck camper that weighs about 1200 lbs fully loaded and a tow a trailer with a jeep on it with total weight of 5000-6000lbs. My question is can the truck handle this? Thanks-Don

overload shocks or helper springs??

Hello, 1999 GMC 1500 Sierra 8400lb towing capacity. Towing 2010 Jayflight 6500lbs. The truck is a 2wh drive so sits a bit low, currently stock shocks on it. I'd like to give just a smidge of lift and get a little more stability for the truck. So...

Sprinter TT

My wife and I are looking at purchasing of a Keystone Sprinter travel trailer. How are they for overall quality?Anything we should be watching out for?Thank you

MStat by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Moraine Campground in Colorado

Setting reservations for Summer of 2015. Can someone let me know the best campsite that will accommodate a 31' trailer. I know they're all probably great, but there's always that one site that you wish you had versus the one your currently in.Thank...

jbjuices by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How to handle a tricky driveway

We have a U-shaped driveway with the part by the house about 8' below street level. When we bring our 35' travel trailer down the hill (load leveling arms detached), the hitch and the trailer attachments for the Reese hitch want to drag the driveway...

Shocks for 2002 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CC

Getting to need some shocks for my truck. Anybody care to share their experiences with the good, the bad and the ugly? Nothing fancy, just something that works well and will last another 80+k miles.Lyle

laknox by Nomad
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Axel weight ???

Hello, I am enquiring about a 2005 Chevy suburban 2500 that is for sale in Dallas Texas. They are asking $9,995. It's done 120,000 miles and was a one owner vehicle with a very good Carfax history. (I am finding it very hard to find a 2500 series SUV...

Mik68 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

A DIFFERENT Trip Report

Only truck camper at All American Campground – Bristol Speedway. In 18 years of attending NASCAR races (formally in my 5th wheel camper) I only saw one other truck camper at a NASCAR race. Of course, back then I wasn't looking for them.Campground ...

JumboJet by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

19.5" All steer tires?

I’m going to make the change to 19.5” wheels and tires. I’m looking at either using all drive tires, or using the combination of steers on the front and drives on the rear. Not sure on which set up to use? What are the pros and cons of each set up? ...

Racer213 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

New TT Weighing Process?

Last time I had a TT the process was to weigh the TT and truck together with the WD bars installed and then weigh the truck by itself. I would subtract the truck weight from the combined weight of the two truck axles when hooked to the TT to find the...

Teamfour by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

F350 with no overload springs

I own a 2001 F350 DRW 4x4 PSD. Used to tow a 5th wheel and decided to downgrade (sizewise) to a truck camper. When I decided to install some stable loads on my truck, I realized that my truck had no overload springs. What a surprise! I looked at my ...

Natt85 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Distributing Hitches

We upgraded from a 24 foot travel trailer to a 33 foot travel trailer this summer. We are towing with a Ford F150 with Eco Boost engine. The truck is rated to tow up to 9600 and our TT is 6500 so we are good on weight. We moved our weight distribu...