Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Avion camper heater...?

I saw the following ad on CL and the option about the heater caught my eye. Can anyone enlighten me on it as I have not heard of such an item. Is it a catalytic heater of sorts? Sure it is a TT, but there are some very knowledgeable Avion camper ...

d3500ram by Explorer III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

slide motor problems

got a 2006 Sunnybrook sunset creek trailer. Slide would not move either direction. I removed the sldie motor and took off the cover and found a stripped plastic gear with some shavings inside. Anyone know of a source to buy just the gears without...

Any 2014 Chevy/GMCs out there yet?

My daily driver (former main towing rig)truck is 10 years old and pushing 200,000 miles. Just last week the power steering cooler rusted out and blew the fluid out on my driveway...Anybody got a 2014 Chevy or GMC 1/2 ton yet? I'm looking at a 2WD dou...

mkirsch by Nomad II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas/Diesel Payload trade off

This parallels a post I just made (the answer to which was, bascially, hey dummy, get a 1 -ton). I get that diesel is a better performer under load (and I am not trying to start a gas versus diesel discussion, which I am sure has been beaten beyond ...

diver110 by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Question for you solar guys.

I recently installed 2 - 140 watt solar panels on my travel trailer I love not having to worry about battery charge. This is by far the best upgrade I have ever done to my trailer. The question I have is when the trailer is sitting for 2-3 months sho...

Sgeorge by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

new light weight camper

Looking for a new camper. We have a Toyota Tacoma, able to pull 6500# max. We were looking at the Koala camper and the Freedom Express. We like the rear living room with the recliners in the back. RLS model. We want the slide also. Are there any...

Found a good one! GMC HD

2003 GMC 2500HD Sierra SLE.Duramax/Allison 3:73 Locking Dif.I’m guessing every option but sunroof if they were offered. One owner, only 57,000 miles. Brand new Bridgestone Tires.Canopy came with truck.What I have on order already:New hitch receiver ...

HJGyswyt by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Diameter

20" tires on a 2013 Ram 1500 have a 32.5 diameter 17" have a 31.7 diameter. What would be the apparent ratio or formula to arrive at such based on 3.55 gears.

pitch by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

chevy tow rig choices/dutchmen fifth wheel issues?

hello all, I looking for a little input. I have a chance to get a 1996 fifth wheel Dutchmen signature series xl 37 rk-sl for 5000. shes pretty big, triple axle, gross dry weight is 9900, hitch dry is 1380, axle dry is 8520, gvwr is 1320. it has a new...

Heads up on T@B trailer on eBay

I am NOT selling this, but I own one and this looks like a pretty good deal. Just a heads up to the forum.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AWESOME-2010-THOR-TAB-TEARDROP-TRAILER-/331029241424?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4e...

dane714 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Letting a diesel sit

This is the first year my Diesel is now my tow vehicle and not my everyday runner... Besides keeping her plugged in (gets cold here in the northeast).. I will use it for snow removal as it has a plow but if it's like last year,,, no snow..Should I pu...

Covering Hybrid for the winter

My Jayco 19H has been covered during the winter months from November to April since I bought it new in 2008. I live in Southern, Ontario.I really need to get a new cover as the one I have has seen better days.The thing is I see a lot in fact most fol...

Dometic/Sealand Traveler lite 110 leaking after repair

I recently had my TravelerLite 110 toilet seal start leaking and would not hold water. I picked up a new seal and initially for about a day it held water again. Then it started to leak again, any water it after a flush was gone after only 10 of 15 ...

weeeee by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspension Upgrade Questions?

I took my new truck camper for its maiden voyage this weekend. I weighed it at the cat scales. The unit weighs 3100# loaded. The GAWR Rear of my truck is 6,100# and I'm right there.The GAWR front is 4,600# and the front loaded weight is 4,100#I ha...