Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

39 Days in Western Colorado

When we left Tennessee my bride wanted to go some where where we would not need a/c. So off to Western Colorado,East Colorado reminds me of Kansas.The weather was perfect in that we did not have to use the a/c but did use the heater a lot. We did a l...

TCINTN by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spare Tire

Last week I brought our TT home to pack for a weekend trip. I noticed excessive wear on one of the tires. So I decided to change it with the spare tire that has been on the back bumper since we purchased this trailer used two years ago.To my surprise...

Off season tow vehicle upgrades?

I know it's not the off-season yet, but it is for me since I'm a grade school principal and my summer is my time to get out and camp. This was my first season towing with a mostly stock V-10 Excursion and it went well but I have a list of items to ta...

Hemling by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Lippert Slide

Hello fellow RVers,I have a 2009 Crossroads travel trailer with a Lippert Electric Slide. The motor is running but it isn't extending. The gears are turning but the gear crank will not turn at all. We have tried to move it manually and it is complete...

krinkol by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

1950's Trailer Question

I'm looking at an older travel trailer, 1952, that someone has had sitting on their property for some time. It's in pretty good shape considering it's age. The interior walls are wood, rounded wood ceiling, etc.. The only damage to any of the wood...

SB camper on a LB truck

Has anyone ever put a SB camper on a LB truck? We found a new 2016 9.2 Livin Lite TC that is $6000 cheaper and much more roomier than the 2018 8.6 Livin Lite. We love the aluminum body they both have, but we hate the split mattress that's in the 8.6.

New truck and new TC

So we have outgrown the Wolf Creek. It's been trouble free and 90 nights for the past two year, but my boys are just too big for comfort anymore.Looking at the monster TC's and would like some advice. The Host Mamoth is high on the list, but none are...

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow vehicle question - Chevy 6.0L questions

I have been looking and looking to find distinct differences between the various vehicles in the Chevy lineup that have the 6.0L and it is very challenging. First let me start by saying what I have right now and what I would like in the possible futu...

BD20 in 6.7 Cummins

07' Dodge Ram manual says NO fuel over 5 percent Bio-Diesel. Favorite station in SoCal has now put an orange sticker on the pump notifying fuel contains up to 20 percent biodiesel, and have noticed the stickers on a few others recently.The question ...

Espee by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Water Heater Questions

What would cause the pressure relief valve to have a slow leak even after it was bleed off ? The unit will not fire on LP only works on electric. Could it be the thermostat? Would these issues be related ? It is as simple as a bad relief valve ? Than...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Under carriage on new bigfoot trailer question

Hi all!We are new to RVing and thought we were spending extra money for the reputation of good quality of the Bigfoot trailer. We bought our brand new 2017 25B21FB in July of this year and after our second trip we washed it only to find a few questi...

Insurance for F350/F450 DRW

First post here. I'm retiring in a few weeks at age 57. But we have young triplet boys aged 6. So our vacation schedule is going to be the kids school vacation schedule.We're thinking of spending their 2 summer months off traveling in a fifth wheel...

Lexx by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Coachmen Viking 17BH

Found a used 2015 in excellent condition for sale and wanted some feedback on if I should purchase this or pass it up. It has been for sale for awhile which kinda scares me, but it should fit my needs for 3 people and my TV 2005 Nissan Frontier. TI...

Sewer hose tube

For those of you who did the sewer hose tube mod, on or below rear bumper, did you use U bolts or some other means to hold it in place. If you used U bolts what size did you use. My TT has an enclosed underbelly so I was trying to avoid putting it un...