Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Soft Spot on Roof

So, I'm cleaning the roof yesterday and take a step back (about 10" in front of AC unit) think I feel a soft spot. I inspect a little further and can't really tell. It's about a 3"X3" area. I honestly don't know if I'm just being paranoid and it "fee...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide not working

I have a 2010 Keystone Passport, last fall on the last trip went to put the slide out and something popped and it went out, it came back in when done for the weekend. Tried to open it at home with no luck. The motor starts and the slide moves a bit b...

Wow! Come Back Toto!

So, off upon the trail we started, with high hopes for a relaxing weekend of birding, reading books and being away from work. Winds were forecasted to pick up and be gusty, so I was prepared for a bit of sway. The trip to City of Rocks was mostly une...

Big Fees to buy at Camping World?

Has anyone else encountered what I think are excessive fees at Camping World?Looked at a new Coleman travel trailer and found out they were tacking on the following over and above the price of the trailer:Dealer fee: $495Prep fee: $895Transportation ...

Questions on road testing of 2017 Ford 250 and 350

Before I ordered a 2017 350 Superduty I read many road tests. Car and Driver gave the 350 three stars out of five. Biggest fault was rough ride. They tested a similar 250 and give it a five out of five. Biggest reason, smooth ride. I tested both out ...

womps by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

F350 drew or F450

I am planning on ordering a new truck to tow a fifth wheel and sometimes a truck camper. The issues I am having trouble with regarding the F350 or F450 are which features are more important. The F350 has 500 lbs more carrying capacity and the F450 ...

oldav by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

walls of travel trailer

Hello I have a 30' thor wanderer travel trailer. I went to hang something on the wall and I figured it would have metal studs. But I used my magnet stud finder and It found nothing except at the corner of the walls. Can someone tell me what kind ...

Water problems

Hey everyone, So we just purchased a bigger travel trailer since we had another baby and I have been going through everything the last couple days to see what works and what doesn't. Everything seems to be going good until I filled the fresh water ta...

Questions about a 2012 Layton Model 186

Hi all, new to these forums, and new owner of a used travel trailer.So I have been doing research and have figured most of the things I'm supposed to know and do with it as far as maintenance and upkeep. A couple of things I haven't figured out thou...

Off grid, running generator to charge batteries

I have heard of people saying they will start there generator for an hour to charge batteries.I have 200w solar, but we just went through 4 days of rain (no direct sun). I have 180Ah battery bank. camper is turned on, refreg running on Gas, but nobo...

towpro by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford 6.2 VS 6.8

I'm going to be buying a tow vehicle soon and would like some opinions and information about these two. I won't be pulling a whole lot but do have one trip from just south of Louisville, Ky. to Alaska planned for next year. I don't want to buy a di...

danrclem by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes