Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

AirSafe Hitch Moving the Thing

Took delivery yesterday on an AirSafe Class V. Hoping this will cure the rather severe porpoising of the TV when going over bridges and some bad roads we experienced last summer.The Airsafe is crazy heavy and I haven't even added the WD bracket and ...

T T Decision Time

Hello to all. I'm still a relative newbie. I have been researching TTs as the wife has won the debate over going with; drive it or tow it! We are looking at 24-26' possibly 28' max TT. Of course there are many manufactures to choose from and each has...

piconroy by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

fresh water tank replacement

In the middle of doing this and having a difficult time getting the old sensors off the tank. i thought I would just loosen the nut and pull it out but its not cooperating. am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

Water pumpi

De-winterizing my trailer and got all the antifreeze out of the lines. Unfortunately now the pump won't draw anymore water out of the fresh water tank. It will suck it out of a bottle but nothing when I reattach the line to the tank. Any thoughts?

Rparkyn3 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

New Clutch Question

I smoked my clutch last week(took off in the wrong gear with the trailer attached). This was driver errow. The truck has 139000 miles on the oem clutch. It still works fine. The question is would you proactively replace it or don't fix until it is...

Elwoodj by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

A Devastating Discovery

I am filling my fresh water tank and notice steady drips of water coming out right below the drivers side jack mount which is on the same side as the water fill. I FREAK OUT.I open the cabinet door under the sink and I can see the floor is wet and ...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out will not work.

I recently bought a 2004 cougar bumper pull. I had to replace the slide out floor due to it being rotten. Once I completed the construction I put the slide back in with no problems. During the construction I unhooked all the power sources. I unhooked...

Hoffmac by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing bulbs with LED

Has anyone replaced their small interior RV light bulbs with LED bulbs? I was thinking of replacing ours, but wanted to get some opinions from folks who had actually changed over. I don't have any real issues with the standard bulbs, except they seem...

the_c_s by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Water valve replacement

Will be replacing the toilet water valve. First experience with what seems to be a simple repair. Anything I need to know beforehand that some of you long time RVers have experienced while making the repair? Words of wisdom?Thanks,The Piddlers

Piddlers by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Back yard repair

A couple of weeks ago I ran over a 2x6 that penetrated the sheet metal on the back of the trailer. After exploring many options I put in a new switch and circuit breaker and did my back yard body work. I added a 12 x 12 diamond plate piece of alumi...

Another happijac question

I've got Happijac electric jacks on my Adventurer TC. All of a sudden they won't do anything. When I try to use the remote, the batterys are fresh, the green light comes on but nothing happens. The online users manual says to hold buttons 5&6 to res...

ac delco 80 amp hour agm in my 2017 silverado

Okay I searched high and low for info on my battery in my new truck. It is a AC Delco 94r agm 80 amp hour. It states this right on the battery top. Now the question is, is this a deep cycle? It has a 80 amp hour rating. The trailer wiring is hot...

TT battery maintenance

I am coming over from a fully self contained motorhome to a travel trailer. On the motorhome there was no battery maintenance because the generator needed to be run every two weeks and the motorhome was driven at least every month. On the new TT I ...

Towing vehicle cunundrum

Hi everyoneJust signed up bcs of all the info and great posts here. I am sure similar posts have been discussed before but here's my situation for your opinions. Please feel free to share your thoughts - I truly appreciate every response I'll get.W...