Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Plugging a Rat Hole

-Well maybe not a rat, but a mouse hole.I have seen some plugged with steel wool. Does this work or is there anything better.TIAOld Uncle Dave

Full-timing in a TT.....where should I start looking?

So I very recently exposed myself to RVs (no, not like that) and was really blown away with what I saw/learned. The idea of full-timing in an RV has become (in my mind anyway) a viable option for my retirement...which will happen in 6 years (best cas...

AllenTC2 by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote controlled rear view camera installed

Got my camera all installed and can control the on/off from my cab remotely. Don't have to be in reverse or have headlights on for the camera to work. I came across this nifty wiring harness, with remote capability, when looking on the Web for idea...

Vintage Travel Queen

Travel Queen $150.00Listed on KSL.com classifieds. (Salt Lake City )I have no association with ad. or sellerLooks like it`s all there, sitting under a hay cover

towing with older diesel trucks

Good day people, I am in the process of looking for a pick up truck with a diesel engine (older model), also looking to not break the bank with the purchase. I will still have my excursion to tow my TT (my sig). Would not mind to have a diesel to tow...

mhawk4 by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift stable loads installed

Installed the Torklift Upper Stable loads installed today. Had to grind off and file smooth one anti rotational tab on each stable load for them to fit properly. These tabs are a waste for Ram application. The one remaining tab will do nothing. Have ...

Rockwood Mini Lite 2109

Hello - We have a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109 travel trailer. On our last camping trip last fall, our slide would not close... the motor turns/runs, but nothing happens, i.e. the slide would not go in, or out, the motor just ran...We tried manually crank...

Bought a 305 HP Snowmobile!

Haha! I know that got you guys in snow country attention! (Don't hurt me )I recently bought a 2017 Challenger GT, the new AWD model this year. It's been raining a lot lately, and I've been very impressed with its handling on slick streets. One revie...

NRALIFR by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Tire Choice

last fall we had a blowout on our way up to Lake George. We had the original tires on our 2014 Outback 250rs. Which I thought were good tires..at least as far as OEM tires go.the blowout occured on the side that gets a lot of sun in our driveway so...

Tie downs

I am new to the forum and to truck camping. I will pick up my used unit in AZ (2 days drive) Lance 2004 1121. My question, What is the best tie down system. I was looking at torklift but I can't find anyplace near Augusta GA to install them. Any inf...

riajane by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice please

I am serious about getting a new Mammoth Host and a new RAM Crew cab DRW one ton.What do I need to do - if anything - to make the ride as stable as possible.I have owned 2 TCs in the past and carried them both in a Short bed Dodges. The last one was ...

Flashman by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

bump stops on camper

just wondering mine were thigh to the front of the box when loadednow seem all deformed from the ride and they are only a year old. So when loaded do you keep them back from the front of box a 1/2 in or so. thanks

diver57 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Another happijac question

I've got Happijac electric jacks on my Adventurer TC. All of a sudden they won't do anything. When I try to use the remote, the batterys are fresh, the green light comes on but nothing happens. The online users manual says to hold buttons 5&6 to res...