Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Great camera on new Ford trucks

We picked up our 2017 Ford F250 XL last week. We ordered it with the CHMSL camera - mounted in the middle of the stop lamp on the back of the cab and especially for use in watching the bed when hooking up a fifth wheel. Used it today to back up to ...

Improving suspension on 2010 Expedition

I'm looking to reduce the effect of side winds and passing semis when I tow my 26' TT with my 2010 Ford Expedition EL. I am using a Equalizer WDH, but don't have the auto-leveling feature in my Expedition, so even with correction as much as possible...

mjmeyers by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

AF tripleslide

A while back we heard AF was coming out with a triple slide camper has anyone heard any more on this.

Gary3 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer electric brake removal

has anyone ever removed the entire electric brake system from a travel trailer and what does it entail. Do I need to remove the wheel hubs to do it ? Do I have to cap off any of the wires from the tow vehicle so they won't be hot when the trailer is ...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Comparing axle ratios

Well I put this off for too darn long and am now looking at 2017's. Today I drove an F250XLT Supercab, with the 6.2 gas engine and 3:73 axle ratio. I also drove a GMC SLE 2500HD double cab with the 6.0 gas engine and 4:10 axle ratio. The GMC rode a l...

GMH by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

storage insurance

New owners at my storage want liability insurance(100k!) for while my tt is in storage. I have never heard of this....neither has my ins agent. Older trailer, my truck insurance covers it when it is connected, never had insurance for it. Insuring the...

michaelh by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

First time TT owner and first time family camping

We finally pulled the plug and got our family its first ever travel trailer. We considered a large tent, a pop-up, TT, and an older motorhome and decided a TT would serve our family best. Due to the truck being a 1/2 ton, I looked for a smaller one t...

crazyro by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

My Scam Antennea are Twittering, . . .

Greetings,Due to lifestyle changes, (plus I have too much stuff, and I bought a new truck that has a short box) I listed my RV on Craig's List. Within hours, I got this email:____________________________________________________________________Hello i...

Prober22 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Supporting a pop up roof - examples or methods?

Long story short: I managed to bend one of the arms used to raise/lower the roof on my Outfitter and need to support the roof while I remove the arm and either try to bend it back or replace it. Anyone have pictures or a descriptive method on how t...

sf3291 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip Report! Spring Break 2017 Kodiak Alaska Style!!

Well, as I mentioned to the folks over on the Avion thread, my son has been bugging me all week that he wanted to go camping and take the ATV's out to our favorite little beach here on Kodiak Island Alaska. Problem has been weather has been 20-30F wi...

garryk6 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Batteries for new Northern Lite camper

I'll be getting a new 2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE camper shortly, and have been wondering what type of batteries to get for it. I believe Northern Lite says the battery compartments are large enough for 2 group 27 batteries. Does anyone know wh...

Some of y'all are scarin' me!

While at the Good Sam rally in Phoenix last month, a camper was parked next to us. She had an 18ft TT, and was pulling it with an SUV. While there, she purchased a new 22' TT from one of the vendors, but was upset that they were charging her for a ...