Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Big Rig friendly gas stations - West Yellowstone ?

Looking for a good place to pull into to fill up gas tank in West Yellowstone .. we have a good book called "Next Exit" but it is only for interstates. So saying Help .. has been over 40 years since we have been in that area and needing some help in ...

RoadXYZ by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Miami to Naples on Route 41

Is it big rig friendly? Would like to that instead of I-75 but wonder about trees and low branches. My coach is 12 ' 10" tall.Would prefer a more scenic route than I-75. Thanks

Abner055 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Scenic traveling:South from Tybee Island, Georgia

I am looking for travel and campground recommendations. I have my route and stops planned from home to Tybee Island, GA. I plan to leave soon for Tybee Island, GA. and travel as far south as St Augustine, FLA. I would like to stay off the interstate...

Nvr_lost by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Route West from Wyoming

Can anyone recommend one of the two potential routes we are considering when returning to the West Coast? Leaving Wyoming on I-25 south to Denver, then West on I-70.... or Leaving Wyoming on I-25, continuing past Denver heading south on I-25 to Albu...

Geobiker by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bozeman MT to Pasco WA

We're driving back from Yellowstone starting on May 30th, going through MT, the panhandle of ID, and then eastern WA. I haven't made any reservations for RV parks on the way back. Anyone have a sense for how busy these parks are and if reservations...

I-25 N from Albuquerque

Hi all! We'll be heading towards Colorado Springs this summer and I'm curious about the drive up I-25 from Albuquerque, through Santa Fe on up into Colorado. Any road construction or concerns along the route? Looks like I can anticipate some long ...

ezgoin by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Border to Border roads-Have you driven one?

I was looking at some Border to Border roads on google maps (US 191, 89, 83, 75 etc.) and noticed that US 83 becomes Canada 83 instead of getting a different number at the border. So you can stay on the same road from McAllen, TX to Swan River, Mani...

NMDriver by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Oregon to Mount Rushmore

We will be traveling from Oregon to Jackson, Wyoming to Yellowstone for 4 nights and then onto Mount Rushmore for another 3-4 days. What would be a good route to get back to Oregon?? What all sights to you recommend to not miss.

RuthieT by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

NEWFOUND GAP, Great Smokey Mtn. Nat'l Park

Gents We are finally taking our new Cougar 327 and new Ford F250 out for our first summer trip. Ontario to Nashville, TN (via I75, 71,65) Nashville to Cherokee, NC (via 40, 60 to Gatlinburg and through Great Smokey Mtn. Nat'l Park crossing at Newfo...

GPG52_ by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Canyon routing

Heading to the south rim of the Grand Canyon Friday and after the junction of I-17 and I-40 is it better to go US 180 or jog west to AZ 64? The scenic 180 looks beautiful but what about elevations, steep grades, etc? Any thoughts, advice? Thanks.

Bypassing Chicago

How is the drive from the south on 57, around Chicago to Grand Rapids Mi. I'm heading for Sault Ste Marie from Little rock and want to avoid the 69 north of Indianapolis with the constant bumpy and jerky conditions at times.

Timber by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

Planning on heading across tomorrow. For the unfamiliar it is about 20 miles of open ocean w ith 2 tunnels. The issue is high wind. Restrictions start kicking in at wind exceeding 40. We have crossed many times before but never in any wind worth talk...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes