Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Campground recommendations near Niagara Falls

We are looking for a campground near Niagara Falls in the September time frame, American or Canadian side makes no difference. Is the best viewing on the Canadian or American side? We are pulling a 33'5th wheel with a Ram Mega cab. Also is Uber the ...

Butch50 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Myre-Big Island State Park, MN

Want to stop over at Myre-Big Island State Park, MN on our way to Itasca State Park. We are from out of state and want to get a yearly State Park entry permit. Since Myre-Big Island State Park would be our first stop in Minnesota, would this park be ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Washington state Seattle area suggestions wanted

Hey everyone, We leave this weekend for a 16 day trip from Michigan to Washington. Because of the loooong drive, we have 3 nights each near Olympic, Rainier and North Cascades National parks. We’re a family w kids ages 7, 11 and 13 and love all thing...

alesis by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Canadians: Going South this winter?

In light of recent events, how many (if any) are considering staying home, or travelling elsewhere this coming winter?Just curious if I'm in the minority...

TimnJo by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Justifying Fort Wilderness

Looking for opinions and reasons from veteran Fort Wilderness campers. It's on our bucket list someday to pull the 5th wheel 1200 miles each way down to Fort Wilderness for a week to 10 days. What better way to share your love of camping and Disney ...

DH dreading 2019 trip to Yellowstone.

We have been to YNP 5 times, first in 2005 last 2016. My favorite park hands down , after the last visit, not so much for DH. Each visit has been arriving second week in September with a 2 week stay. I am asking for a return trip in 2019 for my birt...

derouen6 by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Blairsville, GA campground recommendation

I normally use Vogel State Park but waited too late to make reservations for this October. Can anyone recommend another campground in the area that is similar. It may be a lost cause for October.....It can be a private campground as well. Thanks in ...

Vancouver

I have 4 weeks in September Wanting info. on what to do in Vancouver and campgrounds for a 34' fiver. I also could venture in British Columbia. I would like to do the island also I believe I will set up camp in Washington to take the ferry over for a...

mike24 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for beach rv camping

Looking to find some real rv camping on the actual beach in the northeast. Maine, New Hampshire maybe Massachusetts. preferably.

suprz by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

any experience at Wilderness Camp at Disney???

Hello all, curious if anyone has every camped in the Wilderness campground with pets?? Dogs or Cats?? In trying to get info about how much they want to screw me for on top of there already ridiculous rates, I'm told I pay 5.00 a night extra for each ...

Ahead of schedule into Lubbock Texas

We are going to arrive LubbockTexas on Friday June 30. We are set up to be at the Carlsbad KOA July 2,3 and the 4th and Roswell on July 5th. So that gives us Saturday and Sunday June 30/July 1 open and nothing planned. Does anyone have any suggestion...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Great campground

While doing research on RV resorts, we came across a resort in Dandridge,TN called ANCHOR DOWN. The restrooms,showers,views are spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. So now after having bought our Thor Windspor...