Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Mattamuskett, N.C. Birding, photography ...

Anyone been to this park? It is part of the North Atlantic Flyover for thousands upon thousands of migratory birds. May do a volunteer gig there but curious on the photography input or any other info that is helpful to know about the area.

Adult FHU RV park recommendations?

The site won't let me search 55+... We have decided that, for now, we are not campers, but are RVers. It seems like most of the reviews are geared for those who prefer nature to FHU. We are looking for personal experiences with specific parks, not ju...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Manatee CG

Does anyone know much about Manatee Hammock Cg in Florida? We are thinking of spending Christmas and New Year's somewhere warmer and the website looks promising. However, I know better than trust pics.

Glacier NP

How are things at the NP. Can you drive thru from the East to the West side. Are there still a lot of smoke that will be hard to see the beautiful views.

mike24 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone

This will be our first time there. Arriving probably later next week. Want power and water at minimum. Don't want to be tied to the time constraints that site reservations bring so we're making our visit now since the kids are now in school and hopef...

jamesu by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Island Park boondocking

Can anyone comment on the road into the boondocking sites in Island Park, Idaho. Specifically, the bootjack pass road. Is the road just a dirt road that could get muddy if it rains, or is it a decent gravel road? Any other comments on that area fo...

Yellowstone Yak Attack

Yep the yaks have arrived in force...on top of toads, pickups, usually in pairs. I counted 400+ in my round the park this morning. The influx of the retired folks.Keep in mind your yak is only allowed in Lewis Lake or Yellowstone Lake, and after bri...

Twomed by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Los Angeles???

Headed to the LA area for a few weeks and still trying to sort out where to stay! We'll probably stay at Dockweiler for a week or two, but still looking at some good options that would put us close to West Hollywood (where all of our friends live) o...

Cape Hatteras

Finally got to retire and health issues have handicapped us. Always wanted to camp and see Cape Hatteras and the Outer Banks. We are campers (B'ers) and not typical RV Resort types, but do need plug ins, as before mentioned health reasons. What is th...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Less traveled Grand Canyon

Hi Folks,We are experienced National Park visitors. Neither my wife nor I have been to the Grand Canyon for a long time, and we live in Arizona! My question is this - any advice on some of the more esoteric parts of the area like Havesu Falls? We hav...

Mathews Arm Campground Shenandoah NP

We are planning a trip to Mathews Arm campground in October but this will be our first time campings without water and electric hook ups. We will be arriving late Friday night and staying until Sunday afternoon. I'm looking for any tips, tricks, or...

Membership campgrounds?

With any of the memberships, are you given a specific site number in advance, only when you arrive, or circle until you find a space where you fit? Does it differ depending on what membership or affiliation you have? Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Indian Point C.O.Ecampground at Branson

has anyone camped here this year, if so my Question is, Have they cleaned the restrooms and showers? They were terrible last year. we have loved this campground for more than 20 yrs and always been very pleased until last yr. Hope to hear positive ne...

Limit4 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes