Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Civil Disobedience at Acadia

The feeling here is that is a people's Park, given to the US as a gift from Bat Harbor Citizens. I neither advocate or disagree, just report:A walk in the Park

ryegatevt by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Canyon reopens today, Sat.

BUT looks like camping may not be available in the park. There is plenty of private camping nearby.http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-regional/grand-canyon-to-reopen-saturday-morning/article_a8572361-bdf1-5f3d-8016-eceb6751e6e3.htmlrocmoc n AZ/Mexi...

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Statue of Liberty to reopen

ALBANY, N.Y. — State and federal officials on Friday reached an agreement to reopen the Statue of Liberty NY TIMES STORY

darsben by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas State Parks

Iam on the road....stayed in a Texas State park in N Texas.....It was fairly run down and unkept compared to fed parks.....but the real kicker was the cost......$5.00 /each/per day entrance plus $16.00 for 30 amp/water.per day.We have stayed in beau...

Feb-March ideas?

This is our Second snow bird season. Last year stayed 4 mos in Gold Canyon, AZ. First time ever in new RV. This year we have reservations for a different resort in Mesa for Nov, Dec, Jan. Haven't made plans for Feb & March yet & I'm getting a lit...

TaterSr by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

November in Northern Ohio

Will be snowbirding for the first time this year. Won't be leaving northern Michigan until early November. Figure on stopping in northern Ohio the first night. Can anyone recommend a good place to overnight, with easy access to I-75. Prefer a CG ...

Need Park in Visalia CA area

My husband and I are going to Visalia Ca to a Ham Radio gathering next year and need to make reservations for a spot to park. Hopefully it is not already too late...Does anyone have any idea for a good park in that area...My husband has been to th...

West Palm Beach Fl.

Headed to West Palm Beach Flordia for the fair in a couple of months and was looking for a good place to camp with the rv for about two weeks. And suggestions. I have never been there before.

Jacksonville, fl. Katherine Abbey park

We are heading out there for the thanksgiving holiday weekend. Anyone been? Anything must see or do?I know there is a tree lighting in down town and some fireworks for that Friday. Our kids are 10 and 7, so we have to keep that in mind as well. Thank...

Los Angeles (LAX)

A week ago I was presented an opportunity to work in Los Angeles. The work location is very near the LA Airport (LAX). What I do know about the area and cost of living made me decline. However, I am curious if there are RV parks or campgrounds nea...

a64armt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

My Moral Dilemma

O.K., here's the thing:The very last stop on our weeks-long fall trip was a Federal Campground that shall remain nameless for reasons that will shortly become clear. The date: September 30th, 2013Went ahead and paid for a couple of days- good fishing...

Some National Parks May Re-open (Under state funding)

National ParksWhile our representatives in Washington work through their differences, it appears that those of us who enjoy the National Parks may have the option of visiting them very soon.I'm posting this for information and not to start a politica...

Grand Canyon - North Rim

Hello Everyone,My wife and I are planning a road trip for next year and I'm looking for some feedback, good or bad on the Grand Canyon North Rim.We stayed in the trailer village at the South Rim before, and enjoyed it very much.Your so close to every...

Anyone at OBX - Rodanthe area?

We've been trying to get down there all week - foiled by the reports of bad weather. However, I see "clear" in Rodanthe this AM - is it really so? And what is the outlook for the next week?