Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing Kwikee steps

Has anyone replaced a 3-step set of automatic stairs with a 2-step? I recently damaged my steps because they did not retract. Prior to that I noticed they sometimes didn't extend fully, and I was thinking that by going from 3 steps to 2 I might not...

No charge to auxiliary battery

Hi all. I recently purchased a AGM battery in hopes of it lasting a long time in my 21ft 1978 Chevy Itasca class C. I've been slowly remodeling the interior and while doing so, I've been using the cabin lights and intermittently checking the voltage ...

On the road and due an oil change

We are currently in Missoula, MT and are needing an oil change for our 2013 Coachmen Encounter. Does anyone know where we might get one done here. Also we will be moving on to Billings soon. Anywhere there that we might call ahead? Thanks in advance....

12 VOLT BATTERIES

Can I HOOK 3 12 VOLT BATTERIES IN Parallel OR DO I need them in sets 2-4-6 There I only have room for 3 -12 volt. I do not want to use 6 volt batteries when I already have the 12 volt ones

satboyz1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical Issues

Electrical Issues so, our 2001 Tradeswinds, ran Genrac LP generator on Sunday, everything fine. Drove +/- 430 miles Monday, overnighted @Flying J, drove about 350 miles Tuesday, stopped, fueled up, ran inverter/microwave to heat dinner, started bac...

Pass42 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

PCM?

How do you know when your PCM is bad? I lost power to ignition and cluster along with a few other things and was told by the mechanic that the PCM was bad and my options were a rebuild for $900 or a new replacement for $1300. Does this sound about ri...

does not crank

I have a 1986 Ford E-350 motor home. When I turn the ignition on only sound is a brrrrr (for lack of a way to explain) I have seen this many times and has been a bad ground. I put in new positive and negative terminal cables with new terminal ends. ...

New Owner With A Couple Of Questions

We are new buyers and new to the RV world and have a couple of questions I hope someone might help us with. We are looking at buying a 1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35 with only about 30,000 miles, with a Ford engine and chassis. I have a couple or...

Camping in a tent site

Hey guys, this is my first post. I will be purchasing an RV in the next month or two, and I plan on full timing.My question is about camp sites. I am considering installing solar panels and a composting toilet so that I can be off the grid longer. ...

zach477 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Dolly Questions ???

I'm looking at a new car, but it can't be towed 4 wheels down........so thinking of a tow dolly. I've never had one. So, I'm looking for any and all comments, pros and cons concerning the use of a tow dolly. ThanksBrianPS: I assume any front w...

supercub by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

2001 HR Endeavor Oil fill Cap

I know, dumb question but going to ask anyway. I have a 2001 HR Endeavor 38 and wanting to change my oil. When I open the back door of the coach I see on the right a small sticker that says engine oil and I see two caps. One is has a bigger opening a...

Slide locks 2012 Winnebago Journey

Just got home and two slides came out with no problem, but the one behind the driver seems to have one end that is still locked. One end starts to move, but the one near the driver's seat just stays in place like it is locked. How do I check the lock...

Insurance not replacing fridge?

We had a fridge fire and the insurance is paying for repair, but will not replace the fridge because it was the cause of the fire. This makes no sense to me - anyone have any experience with anything like this or understand insurance law better than...

tstryk by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes