RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

camping using the travel trail

When camping using the travel trailer(you are already camp site),do you need to detach the tow vehicle from the travel trailer or is it okay not to detach the tow vehicle from the trailer? meaning keep the tow vehicle connected with the weight distri...

Lift Out Wall Table Design

I am looking for ideas for a wall table that would fit between the passenger seat and the entry door on the wall of our 2015 Allegro 32ca. Our Euro recliner locks down here and we would only use the table when the chair is moved out into the room.Our...

TC285 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Work camping in WA state

We are starting our 4th season here at Sage Hills Golf & RV Resort and still love it! This year several people have had emergencies and aren't going to make it so they are still looking for work campers to work in course maintenance (mowing, weeding...

Toilet/black water gurgling

hey folks, my wife and I live in our fifth wheel full time and we are noticing a problem. We typically dump our black water once a week on the same day, we've noticed recently towards the end of the week probably around day five or six whenever we f...

yolo6886 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Roadmaster Guardian vs Tow Defender

I am looking for recommendations regarding which is best at protecting our toad. I have a 29' Ford E-450, so the exhaust is out the side and not directly in back that would damage the fabric of the Defender. For reasons not important, I do want to ...

derh20 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Scipio/Beaver Flying J Tire Shops fined

BustedThe two gas station tire shops that were discussed on this forum about a year ago for having shady tire selling practices were fined by the Division of Consumer Protection.

CKNSLS by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight vs gas mileage?

I'm sure this question has been asked many times but I did a search and didn't find much. Looking at small TT the weight difference between 18-19 ft TT's and 21-22 ft TT's is about 800 lbs. 2600 vs 3400 lbs dry weight. How much will the 800 lb dif...

Black Tank Chemicals for High Temperatures

I have used RV-Trine Extreme Temperature solution for my black tank for many years. The product has been discontinued. I liked it because when traveling in hot weather, I felt that it was better for odor control than other products. After getting ...

Dave5w by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Space Heaters

Hi All,Just got back from a short snowbird trip to Florida. On the way down south, and again on the way back up north, we needed some overnight heat. I know a lot of people use a space heater, but I'm unsure of what would be a good one for the RV. ...

KenMast by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Difference of Air Bags over WD hitch?

Other than price, is it better to use air bags or a WD hitch if you need to handle squat in a TV? I've been eyeing some adjustable air spring kits. Seems like a much nicer idea to have an adjustable suspension rather than have to hook up a WD, but d...