RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

leaseing a tow vehicle?

Did a quick check and i dont remember reading anything about it recently,but i was just wondering is it it possible to lease a hd truck for towing?not talking about any brand directly but a 1 ton truck does not come cheap ,well maybe in stripped wor...

Ford Edge, Honda CRV or Jeep Cherokee, which to tow?

Looking to buy a new car. Will be towing it behind the motor home, plus my daily driver. Have narrowed it down to the above 3 vehicles. Looking for comments.I know the 2015 CVR are not towable, so would be a 2014 model.The Jeep Cherokee comes wi...

supercub by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Caulking

I was thinking about re-doing all of the caulking on my MH in the spring (if it ever gets here). Anyone out here know of a good way to remove the old stuff without ruining the camper?

Best pivoting/steerable tow dolly?

Hello all,Has anyone had any experience with the Landgrebe Tow Dolly? It has Caster Steering vs a pivot plate. Just wanted some feedback.What is the best bang for the buck for a pivoting tow dolly that the steering wheel of the car can remain locked?...

garywg58 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED!!

Well I guess after many years of RVing we were due for a bad trip. One of the last minute items my wife grabbed on the way out was our two ipads, she threw them on the bed and covered them with blankets. When we got there we couldn't find them, I t...

Dealer issue?

So went to pick up our brand new camper which we bought in November but left stored at the dealer for winter storage. Part of the deal was the dealer was going to remove all the stickers in the front of the camper including the factory ones and there...

VT_Skier by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Happy Camper or Highway Nightmare?

We have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL AWD that we use to pull a 2000 Coleman Utah popup with great ease.Lately we've been considering upgrading to a travel trailer and the Keystone Passport models seem to be really light.Specifically we are looking at the 2...

Need advice on setting up?

Have a 22' Toyhauler I picked up and rehabbed last yearhttp://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27609229/srt/pd/pging/1/page/1.cfmI've been borrowing a 2500 to tow it with from buddies until now. I just picked up a 2014 F150 Ecoboost w...

ACDNate by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Sheets for Angled Corner Bunk Mattress

We just took delivery of a KX Connect Spree 250BHS. The bunks have what they call "Teddy Bear"mattresses. I think they are actually made by Lippert They are not rectangle but have one corner that is cut off at about a 45 degree angle.My question is,...

The road less traveled… there is a reason

Here are a couple of “Bad Road” experiences I’ve had. But with all your experience I’m sure you can add yours.We had had a very nice stay in Sedona, Az. We had been looking for an area to retire but Sedona was a little too pricey. Talking to people w...

fill by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need to get my transmission fluid changed or not?

It is clear with lots of teeny brown flecks.2 shops(who do the changing $$$) said yes. One (who did not have a horse in the race, as they do not change tranny fluid) said no. I made an appointment to get it changed at a small, local quick lube place...

Naio by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Scary fifth wheel/gooseneck hitch

Just looked at a clean '97 F-350 XLT Super Cab dually for sale locally. It has a home made (?) Gooseneck/5th wheel hitch. Four foot by two and a half foot 1/2 inch steel plate, bolted entirely to the bed floor. Does not, and never did attach to the t...

How can I remove a huge decal

My used class C came with a huge picture decal across the entire cabover front. I should have had the dealer remove it but did not think about it at the time. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Uwharrie by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes