RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No new story tonight.... How boring is that?

Well, here I am in FREEZING Calgary Alberta, still....Another week goes by, temperatures have dropped dramatically in the past couple days. Dang its chilly here now.It is minus 24C here, and dropping. (-11F) But ahhhhh I am warm in here, furnace runs...

Unbelievable price differences

First let me say up front that i will not tell you who the rv dealers are). While looking around getting ideas for our first class C motorhome, i went online and looked at the same exact new model of motorhome and one dealer had the unit for 101,000...

suprz by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Camping World By Long Island?

We are jut past the halfway point of our camping offseason. We just got hit with 10" of snow and daytime temps hover around 15 with below zero wind chills. Thoughts of summer beach camping creep into our heads. With that said, we'd like to visit a...

Shower Rod/Curtain

My bathtub and shower are quite small. I have seen the shower rods that bow outward to provide more shoulder room, but I'm not sure how the extra shower curtain fits toward the bottom at the tub.For those that have, or have had, this type of rod and ...

TxTiger by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Honda CRV all wheel drive

OK people in the know....what all do I need? Planning on using the Blue-OX bar thats on the back of the motorhome and getting the Blue Ox baseplate for the front of the CRV.Any other major items? And of you RVers have such a towd and if so what do ...

Sully2 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading factory reciever?

Have the F150 in sig. With about 2100 lbs of payload we've actually been looking at some very light 5th wheels and am well aware of where I can be with our truck. At the same time, a few very nice TT also have hit the list. However, some of these ...

DwnSth by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Utility Trailer Spare tire Sizes question

I have a tandem axle utility (car/equipment) trailer with ST205/75D15 tires (7k- 3500lb axles). I'm looking to have a spare tire, just in case, but since the trailer doesn't see a whole lot of mileage, I don't want to spend a lot. can't see dropping ...

Suggestions for RV Repair Service in Portland Oregon?

Does anyone have any first hand recommendations for RV service in Portland? I've had a string of bad experiences with a few shops here. I need to have an inverter and controller installed am am hoping to find a good shop.If you have someone in Port...

bradkuhn by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Generator Exhaust

Well, actually, I didn't lose it I still have it but it's not attached. I have 2012 Sunseeker 2450, if that matters. Where would I go to have someone weld it back on or is it more involved than that?Thanks for any help,Sharon

littlemo by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

cell phone

Does anyone have the pre-pay $50 a month all unlimited cell phone service offered through Walmart? Would like to know coverage experience while traveling around, pros, cons??

How will my truck handle these two 5th wheels?

2014 F 250 Diesel, crew cab.I'm looking at the following 5th wheels:http://kz-rv.com/stoneridge/39BH.htmlhttp://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=fifthwheels&sc=SV&i=SV+38QBS&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan#showgalleryBoth have the dry weight well...

dzirkelb by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone Campground Employment - 2014

Greetings From Yellowstone!!Ever dreamed about working in the worlds first National Park? It is not too late to apply for the Summer of 2014! We are still looking for RVers to work in Yellowstone's Campgrounds starting as early as April/May and endi...

Virginia in the fall

In 2012 we spent about 1.5 weeks in Virginia in September. Had a horrible time with stink bugs -they were everywhere. My wife wants nothing to do with the mid Atlantic in the fall because of that. Unfortunately, September is the best time for...

GJGAR by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Renting an RV in South Florida, recommendations

We have space reserved at John Pennekamp for next December. My GF and I will be on one site in our TT. My daughter, son-n-law and grandson want to join us. Our TT is just too small for all. We have reserved 2 sites but only have one RV. They will be ...