RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Build quality by same manufacturer: Class A vs 5th vs TT

Not a debate on build quality of different manufacturers, but rather more of a question of build quality within a manufacturer over different lines:For example, Forest River makes Class A, Class C, 5th wheels, travel trailers toy haulers, etc. (BTW, ...

jim1521 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Orlando to Melbourne, Can I Get There?

I'll be flying into Orlando next week to pickup an RV that's located in Melbourne Beach. The seller said he will pick me up at the Melbourne airport, I just have to get there from Orlando. Do any of you know if there is a shuttle service between the ...

Building an RV park for overnighters?

Was talking to my brother-in-law over the weekend and he asked me about ideas for a piece of investment real estate he owns. 120 acres with a 10 year option to purchase more in the future. Location is three miles off a major EW Interstate and about 9...

jkwilson by Explorer II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Satellite reception

Not sure where to post this hope someone can help. We are Canadians going to Arizona this winter. Does anyone use their Shaw Direct dish in the states ?We tried hooking ours up on a visit to the states last week but couldn't receive any reception. A...

bapple by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Shipping opinions

We are close to purchasing a Class B Van around 24'. Due to my wife's cancer treatment I am unable to go pick it up from St. Louis and drive it back to Phoenix. We have never shipped a car or RV, so this is new due to the circumstances. I have resear...

Streff by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

FMCA Roadside Assistance

Just got an e-mail from FMCA. $69 a year for roadside assistance. Almost half what I'm paying for Coach-Net. Anyone know who provides FMCA's service?In the end, I think they all call the same providers. Does the umbrella company really matter?

jplante4 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

GM truck with puck system

Looking at upgrading the truck. Was wondering what issues people had run into with GM's factory mounts. Most likely if we go this route would go with the B&W RVK3700.

Carrying extra water for boondocking

We still haven't decided on a trailer yet. I'm leaning towards a Grand Design Momentum toy hauler 351M. It carries 157 gal of water.We have 3 kids and 2 adults. Because of my psoriasis, I need at least 10 min of hot water. So I figure 2 gal/min x 30 ...

Lexx by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Overnight Visitor

I thought I would share this with everyone.The other day, I needed something out of my clipper, so I popped in to grab it. I had been doing some stuff in there a while back and so I knew I had some things out of place. However, when I walked in, I ...

toedtoes by Explorer III
  • 75 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow dolly safety chains

Our Master Tow dolly did not come with safety chains. We are considering adding chains through front of wheel and attach to same bar straps attach to. Opinions please. Thank you. This is our first time having c-class and towing. Nervous about stra...

Smart and dumb ways to handle $ when selling my rv

I'm working on selling my rv. I may have a serious buyer. I've heard about payment scams, problems with cashiers check that bounce weeks after the seller thinks they've cleared and the $ is in your bank, etc. I've heard that setting up an escrow ac...

Automatic bed over drivers seat

Have had issues in the past to where I had to reset the control box on my bed over the drivers seat.Went to NY salmon fishing with a friend. Hit the button for the bed to come down. (Everything worked fine) In the morning when we got up to go fishing...

Is it worth it?

Well, we put our fiver away into indoor storage 2 weeks ago after an interesting season.We took the fiver out of storage in early April and got sideswiped by a new driver one week later on the way home from our first trip out at Easter. $5k damage a...

blofgren by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes