RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

AAA and tow vehicle and trailer

I'll call tomorrow, but maybe you already know the answer to this.When I tow my boat or trailer, what happens if the tow vehicle needs to be towed or the boat or trailer needs to be towed?

fire ban

camp fires are a major focal point on camping trips for us. my next trip is looking like it may be under a total fire ban. this makes me sad :(. anyone have any fun tips for evening socializing? will be going with some old coworkers and our children....

Jebby14 by Explorer
  • 73 replies
  • 0 likes

Couple winter travel trailering questions.....

We are in our first travel trailer that we have had since February of this year and love it. We are located in Texas and the trailer stays here year round. The main purpose of us getting the TT was for when we are staying at our hunting camp in the...

Moldy slide topper

I have one of four slide toppers that I cannot keep the mold off of. It's white and looks horrible. Anyone have a tip or trick to remove and keep off?

Portable Generator Security

We are getting a pair of the Yamaha EF2000is to run our RV when we dry camp at various race events or elsewhere tired of our noisy onboard. Will run while we are gone during the day and at evenings close I can always bring inside. Other than a high...

Karfae69 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Bumper Cargo Hauler box?

I am looking for advice where to find a box/container that would fit into my cargo hauler/basket(49" by 22 1/2"). I was wondering if I could just use a standard rubbermaid contianer and tie downs?I will carrying this container on the bumper with the...

FREE prescription cards

I requested on-line info about Medicare options as my wife and I will turn 65 next year. As I suspected, numerous phone calls, lots of mail, and email. WE also received discount prescription cards from USA Medical and Goodrx. Although at this time w...

quoyfab by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out kitty wampus....what the heck (happy ending)

Had a strange occurence today. I had the 5th wheel up by the house with both of the slides out working on the camper beginning to get it ready for our upcoming trip. Finished the planned work, began running the slides in and the super slide was onl...

msjdbman by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Sofa sleepers CAN be comfortable....

It's likely that a sofa sleeper will never be the best bed you ever slept in. But they don't have to be so uncomfortable.Here's what I did:First, you need a new mattress, best I think is 5" memory foam. Try to find one as close in size as possible, ...

Dano1955 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not nitrogen , again !

If at sea level I removed the valve stem from a tire ,the air inside would equalize at one atmosphere .Replace valve stem and brought tire up to 33 pounds with nitrogen , contents would be 50 percent natural air and 50 percent nitrogen , Why 33 lbs ,...

Ahhhhh...retirement

We needed to head down I-5 to help our son's family yesterday and witnessed first hand the on-slot of traffic going north at a snail's pace, trying to leave Seattle for Memorial Day weekend. So thankful to be retired. All the years of being one of th...

jamesu by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

RV industry death spiral...

I'm greatly looking forward to this series of articles over the next couple of weeks:http://rvdailyreport.com/opinion/opinion-the-rv-industry-death-spiral-part-1/comment-page-1/#comment-370313Lyle

laknox by Nomad
  • 94 replies
  • 0 likes