RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How do you long termers handle grey & black water?

I'll be leaving in a week for a long term CG hosting spot and, new to me, will be having a sewer connection.For those of you that have similar setups, how do you handle your grey water tank? Do you leave the valve open permanently and dump black as n...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

SkyMed Policy?

Anyone out there have any Pros or Con comments about the SkyMed insurance policy??? It's an emergency agreement/policy when on the road to fly you back home/hopital and provide a way to get your RV back home.We are seriously considering their policy...

Weber solid surface griddle advice?

Got rid of our Coleman Roadtrip last fall and upgraded to a Weber Q. Very nice BBQ. Bought a solid surface griddle for it (Weber #6558) and are using it for the first time this weekend. It has a rough texture surface and things stick to it. Maybe...

Shout out to....

Dometic and Carl and Wendy with Mobile RV Repair in Bessemer, AL.Our Dometic 15000 BTU A/C decided it wanted to seize it's compressor. Dometic has a two year warranty and our unit is 16 months old and they replaced it under warranty. They wanted me...

EU 3000 Honda

Can you give me a few online sales companies to try? They are $1900 in area. Want to check other prices. Also can I get a wireless remote to start and shut it off instead of going outside at midnight? Thanks.

Financing

looking to buy a toy hauler fifthwheel and the truck I currently have will not pull it! Wondering if I would be better off buying a truck that will work and then the trailer? The trailer then the truck. Or can I do both at the same time? Main questio...

Outstanding DEF Mileage

Just got back from 1100 mile (including local commuting) round trip from Middle Georgia to Sarasota Florida. First lengthy trip with my new (to me) 2014 Ram 2500 CTD, and my new 2016 Prime Time Lacrosse.Diesel mileage was decent enough. Towing was 1...

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Refrigerator

I just had a Samsung RF18 refrigerator installed. Nice piece of equipment but I can't find an on/off switch. I want to turn it off to wash the interior before loading it up. The owner's manual does not mention a way to turn it off so I've pulled th...

marspec by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas RV Lemon Law Info

If anyone has been successful in using the Texas Lemon Law on an RV could you contact me by PM? Moderators, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it. Thanks

Hunter11 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Question 1 - How strenuous for full time RV?

1st off, I've Have several questions and thought I'd ask them separately to keep the answers on topic and allow people to just respond to the ones they have the most experience.Ops/Mod if this is not appropriate then feel free to merge or delete if y...

Dano1955 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RVing with an Infant

My wife and I have RV'd for a few years with our three boys. We recently found out that we had a new one on the way. Has anyone had experience RVing with an infant and have any thoughts / recommendations to offer?Scipio***Link Removed***

Parking RV overnight at trailheads within national parks?

Say if you own either a truck camper or a trailer, are you allowed to leave your RV at the trailhead parking lots? I'm not talking about huge trailers, may be 24ft maximum or a regular truck camper. This is during those multi-day backcountry camping ...

Acei by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 chevy aveo 5 speeds manual

First the owner manual says no to tow 4 wheels flat, i think it is a lubricating question but if i let the engine running when its being towed will it be fine ?Thanks all

Jf1957 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes