RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tow a Wrangler Unlimited with 30' gasser?

Hi all. I currently tow a 2600 lb. Fiesta that is used only as a toad. My daily driver is a Ford Escape, mid sized SUV. I'm seriously considering dumping both for a Wrangler Unlimitd that can double as both daily car and toad. The Wrangler weighs...

ezgoin by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese High Performance Dual Cam Sway Control system issue

Also called the Strait-Line System.My Cams are getting flat spots on them with a mushrooming affect with a bur protruding towards the bracket hangers.Not sure if this is something that happens from normal wear and tear. Not happy with this as I'm sur...

Mike_Up by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

blocked black & grey water tanks

Im in a 99 rexhall rexair, i went to drain the tanks like normal, apparantly i left the valves open last time, after i used the flush system for 5 minutes i opened the valve. i had mainly fluids come out than it clogged, tried to fill it up to push ...

Weight police alert!

I don't generally care... we used to be a bit overweight even with the 3500 but this is downright silly.An older Alpenlite 5er - about 27 feet...with a large hydraulic lift on the back holding a sand rail kind of vehicle (or homemade rzr) AND it's be...

Accident rates

Which are involved in more accidents motor homes or 5th wheels / travel trailers and could the weak link be brake systems??

Toad tail light wiring

I have an DP that has separate brake lights and turn signals and my 2006 Honda Odyseey also has separate turn signals and brake lights. I have towed it flat for quite a while and I am tired of magnetic lights. I want to wire the Odyssey so the tail l...

Invisibrake in a 2013 Equinox

Anyone know where I can find video or detailed instructions specific to the 2013 Equinox for installation of a Invisibrake? I'm sure this has been done but have been unable to find much online info. Want to begin towing my Equinox and would like to...

DEATH VALLEY SUPER BLOOM

Is anyone out there for the Super Bloom ?How is it and how crowded is the dry camping around Furnace Creek ? The news is saying that all the hotels and CG's are loaded. We're thinking about driving out next weekend if it hasn't died out.

SCVJeff by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires are 2009 made in Mexico should I get new?

Just bought a used trailer. The tires look brand new, even the sidewalls, but the date stamp says late 2009. Since the trailer is a 2010 (hardside popup Chalet, weighs 1500 lbs.), they must be the original tires, I would guess. The guy I bought it fr...

2lazy4U by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Big Red Campfire

Hi All,Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but here goes.I lost the regulator and hose for my Big Red Campfire, and I'm not having any luck locating a replacement.Does anyone know of a web site that offers this for sale.TIA,Jim

EB towing 28BHSWE and needing WDH recommendations

I have a 2012 f150 ecoboost FX4 crew cab with max tow. It meets all payload and weight guidelines. I don't put anything in my bed and no family, so not going to turn this into a "you need a bigger pickup forum" I sold my old camper that was 29' total...

Tire blew--wow

the damage is wild.luckily all is fine. no one hurt. left at 3:30 am for beach trip and home at 5:30 am with a mess on our hands.about 15 miles from home tire blows. fender ripped off, brake line on 2nd axle gone, compartment gone, ripped skirting...