RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Mountain Towing

Looking for advice on towing in the mountains. I live in western VA and just bought a brand new 1971 Safari Airstream. I currently own a 06 Silverado with a 5.3l engine which is rated at 7,700 lbs. towing capacity. The dry weight of the camper is ...

Safari71 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Mayo Clinic

We are going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester Mn in September and would like some input on where to camp in the area. I see 3 campgrounds in the area but would like to know more if anyone has been there and has a special place to stay in the area. Thanks ...

jimj by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New to boat trailers … need some help

Apologies in advance for all the questions … hope this the correct forum … been reading everything about boat trailers & need some expert advice.Got a new Pontoon last week - weighs in (CAT Scale) at 5,760 with a near empty 50 gal gas tank; so I'm th...

Bigimac by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Cause for concern ??

Along the roof/side edge is molding with a rubber insert. The rubber insert will not stay in place. I thought about just removing it totally. Even if it fit properly, I do not see how it would keep water out. Is this rubber only to cover the screws f...

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Fridge Straps?

i'm obviously not searching the correct thing here.long story short, i had pulled one of our 2, to tight, and the plastic clip snapped.would like a replacement.

Camp Hosts National Forests in Florida

Spring/Summer 2016: Volunteers are needed at all three National Forests in Florida – The Apalachicola, Ocala, and Osceola.Camp Hosts, trail work, and a variety of other activities are available for Volunteers to assist with themanagement and maintena...

'06 Pontiac Solstice stick, can it be towed?

Hey Gang, Before anyone goes haywire here, I've checked the '06 Dinghy Towing Guide for Pontiacs and, all it lists for '06 is a Vibe and a G6. Now, this is a stick unit and, in past history, many sticks can be flat towed but, this is not "History" it...

FIRE_UP by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tailgater question

Just curious if anyone travels with the Tailgater mounted to the ladder. Just purchased a ladder mount on Amazon, and feel it would be rather hard to take it off/on when traveling. Had to use another ladder to assist with the mount at the top of the ...

boje by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dicor?

We have an aluminum framed, Filon sided trailer now. I always liked the fact that if we developed a leak the frame would not be damaged as a wood framed trailer would be. (And we have) We are now considering a wood frame, aluminum sided trailer. My w...

prodigy 2

I am going to replace the brake controller in my new to me 06 2500 chevy with a prodigy 2. not sure of the brand on old one but it has a harness to the factory wiring. do I need to get one with a new harness or will the wiring that comes with it work...

b-dog by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Working out with a suspension trainer

My fiancé and I own a 38ft Fleetwood Expedition. We are currently full timers. We love it, but are having a hard time finding good ways to work out and stay fit. I just bought a suspension trainer. If anyone here has worked with them, they are se...

Mahikoa by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nissan Juke Front Wheel Drive Manual Transmission

Hi! New to these forum (Sam). Guess my question is obvious, but just to clarify - Can a 2015 Nissan Juke with FWD/MT be towed four wheels flat? Manual transmission is only available in the NISMO version, but my wife and I are considering it anyway. ...

sssteele by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes