Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Skylight Question

I posted this question in another thread, but I want to ask it again and expand the question a bit.I think the skylight on my Jayco fifth wheel is just a formed piece of domed plastic with a flange. The flange is screwed to the roof, with lap sealan...

RVhiker by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Back in the game

For the last three years we haven't done anything with our trailer other than to move it from a friends property where it sat disconnected. In February we finally moved it to our new and hopefully final property. Now with an eye on retirement free ti...

newsomer by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

3500W Inverter Generator for $699

Link to Home DepotI purchased one of these to use as a backup for my RVs. At $699 it looked like quite a good deal. I tested it and it run my Class C with all breakers on and a 15K Dometic AC, no problems. Noise level was acceptable. At 1,5KW is the ...

map40 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Modifying "cool only" Coleman Plenum 8330B751

I am trying to add heat strips to my a/c units. I had the heat strips on order and decided to confirm with RVComfort I had the correct set-up; yes and no. As it turns out, I do not have the correct plenum controller mine are for "cool-only" and I n...

surfride by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace fan in Xantrex 458 Freedom 30?

If there is a fan in mine it is silent and the unit is experiencing "overtemp" every five minutes. A small desk fan directed toward the vents has temporarily rectified this. Would like to open the unit up and replace the fan. If anyone has done th...

duramax overheating

I have a 2005 duramax and have had a little overheating problem . I think I read in the Trailer life magazine that there was a guy who put a different radiator hose on his truck and it took care of the problem. I believe he had a hose with a 90 degre...

jmilner by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

ford class A transmission

Transmissih only wants to down shift once when tap on accerator, but will shift down if manually use selector lever. What are some issues that could cause this? Its f53 chassis, v-10 engine, 2009 Adventurer.

Dometic Sealand 110 Toilet

I own a 2007 26' Springdale TT that came with a Dometic Sealand Traveler Lite 110 toilet that has been giving problems for the past 3 years, so decided to replace it. In checking with my local RV dealer and online I see that the 110 model has been re...

averity by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

House Battery Life

Hi All,My 2 - 6 volt, deep cycle golf cart house batteries just died after only 3 & 1/2 years. Bought at Sam's June 2011. We live in our MH full time and almost always plugged into 30 amp power. New Intellitec 9200 converter with charge wizard ins...

LoreeB99 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Small Anderson Power Pole Connectors 1, Mex 0

I am fighting the insertion of assembled connector conductor into plastic base, and I shouldn't have to. I am using a standard peg imprint uninsulated terminal (T&B) crimper. After assembly the terminal simply will not slide into the square plastic h...

Won't start, maybe it's all shook up

Water,(from condensation), in unused vehicles that sit for a long time,and then are started,then are moved mixing up fuel and water in the tank can then become a non starter. That's because the water is on top of the fuel until you drive it and it ge...

Uneven voltages on 50 Amp

When I put my converter breaker on, the voltages on each side of my feed go to 148 and 84. Took my ceiling fan plum out because it had low voltage, disconnected the feed tested 120 and fed the fan with 120 from the garage it ran ok. Have 240 from gar...

No heat or AC

I have a 2013 Fleetwood Excursion RV and was recently camping when the AC and heat woul not come on. I checked the gas line, breakers and turned it off for 5 to 10 minutes. When I turned it back on the lights got bright and the heat tried to come on ...

GUMBO by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes