Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need a water softening device for small TT

I just got the bill for servicing my hot water heater, replacing the anode rod and cleaning out all of the calcium (or whatever) build-up in my cold water lines; $530! They also fixed my broken dead bolt, but that couldn't have been much, they didn'...

Rmack1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Mono Panels VS Poly Panels Advantage. What Is It ?

I spend more time camping in full daylite w/o any sun, than I do in full sun. In that condition, would mono panels be more efficient than poly ?Actually, would I even notice any difference tween either panel in either condition ? I seem to find bette...

Front Electric Jacks won't work

OK I hope I explain this right, We have Electronic Jacks and the Front Jacks won't work with the up/down switch on the 5th wheel. BUT they do work with the remote. DH bought a new switch and installed it. Still would not work, but remote works. What ...

ugly solar wiring installs

First, thank you RV.net Tech Issues forum for educating me over the past 2 years on the gory details of battery charging, battery use, and how to configure a solar charging system.I now have a system that works for me (thanks to my RV.net Tech Issues...

eb145 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter Power or Juicer Issues...

My wife has a Juicer that was sometimes take camping, it's has a simple low-off-high switch and a 850W motor, and runs fine off the Honda 2000 Generator and shore power. My mom has the same juicer and it wouldn't run on my dad's Honda 3000 or Honda 5...

AH64ID by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

my portable 12 volt system any advise

In two weeks we will be heading to the mountains where there is no power. We have an inverter generator we will use as needed. However, we are restricted to 10pm with running the generator. I have put together the following system to provide power...

prier5 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Recharging our new On the Go water softener

We are traveling in western Arizona where the water is hard and full of iron. We set our new On the Go softener up and I checked the water the next day and all was well with the test strips indicating the lowest amount of hardness. Two weeks later...

anode rod

I bought this motorhome used and somebody with no brains stuck a anode rod in a stainless tank with cast iron plug not nylon,i did get the plug out but the rod is lodged in the hole,any help getting it out without messing up threads? thankyou beaver

beaver_2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Split off of 7 pin plug

Anyone know the best way to split a wire off of the 7 pin at the rear of my truck to the bed to charge a couple of 6V batteries.I'd like to do this when I take my truck hunting and use the bed/cap area as my home base ...

Mfar1234 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Interior LED replacement bulbs

Looking for real world experience with the best LED light bulbs for interior replacement. I have read a lot of reviews on Amazon but would like to hear from the family here on what works and what doesn't. Would like to stay with the warm lights (ye...

Battery Life ??

I have a question on the life expectancy of my camper batteries. We are using 4 6 volt Sam’s Club batteries. They are dated August 2008. We take an annual trip in the fall to Cades Cove campground which has no hookups. We run off the batteries for 5 ...

Katdaddy by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!! broken drain pipe in bathroom

On our first camping trip with our used 2011 Coachmen Freedom express I found water under the bathroom sink. Drain pipe was broken off and unlike the ones in all my houses....the drain pipe is cemented to the bottom of the sink. Tried to quick-set ...

goowah by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Replacement/Upgrade Question

I currently run 2 - 12 volt deep cycle batteries. They have done a fine job and are now about 3 1/2 YO and no longer holding a charge long enough without being charged. I'm trying to decide if I want to just replace them, certainly the cheapest optio...

TT running lights on while camping

How can I keep my trailer exterior running lights on during the night? I see at campgrounds where some folks illuminate their TT at night. What plug or modification do the use?

Did I damage Topside AC Unit

2000 Minnie Winnie 30'Staying at friends with 30A-cable plugged into reg wall outlet.Started the AC unit w/o thinking and it ran for a few mins and then stopped. Made some strange noise.Havent been to 30A service to try it yet.Thanks,Rr

Sabluka by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes