Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Black Tank Question

While using the sewer flushing connection on the outside of my camper I wondered if I could close both tank valves and then run water into both tanks briefly in order to get three or so gallons into the black tank instead of dumping it down the toile...

cekkk by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

DISBELIEVING ADVERTISEMENTS

I made a living doing forensic engineering studies with a particular consumer product.When somebody or something (Manufacturer) "Has A Dog In The Fight" they are going to go out of their way to skew, bias, manipulate and in some cases outright lie ab...

ANY ONE USE SOLAR CHARGER WITH LITHIUM

Talked to a rep for lithium battery store and said with my Morningstar controller, I can set algorithm to charge their battery. They said they are coming out with a high amp hour that will drop into smaller space. Has anyone done this?

Water Heater Removal

I need to remove the 10 gal water heater from our Allegro Bus - a welded joint on the tank let loose. Anybody here have experience removing one of these? Tips?Thanks!

LP Issues

The problem started with our electric/lp water heater. We are on shore power and switched to electric on the hot water heater months ago with no problem. Recently the water wasn't getting as hot, only warm. Before we could look into that, I switched ...

Inverter setup question

I just installed a Magnum Energy MS2812 PSW Inverter and one of the setup parameters was low battery cut off voltage setting. I set it for 11 volts, after thinking 10.5 might be too low. Don't know if this is a good setting. Settings are scaled in te...

Tell Honda About the 12V Charging Feature

Honda R&D is looking at the next version of the EU2000i. They are interested in the 12V charging feature, and have a few questions. Please take a moment to complete this quick, 3-question survey, and you can help guide Honda to make improvements. Tha...

Steering Pulling to Right on Allegro RED

We have an 36' Allegro RED purchased last September. The steering has been pulling to the right since we drove it off the lot, and I have to hold left pressure to keep it running straight ahead. I assumed the problem was a misaligned front end and, w...

mclee47 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I replace a 10 gal Atwood water heater?

It's leaking after only six years and being flushed regularly (once a year). Flushing consists of draining the tank (after turning the water off) and sticking a wand up in there with garden hose. The first time, after a stint in the RGV, got about ...

Costco Solar Panel 100W for $139.99 will it work

Hello, I am just trying to decide what kind of solar components I need. In my search I came across this solar panel from costco that is 100 watts polycrystalline for $139.99.It is listed as 100w and 18v.Here is a link Solar panel not sure if that wo...

How long does an AGM Battery Last?

We purchased an '09 TT a few weeks back. The battery is a 4D Powerstride Lifeline AGM that seems to be working well and is clean. I have no idea when it was installed, but I've got to assume that it's been in there for most of the trailer's life. Ma...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

LED light strip wiring

Hey all I am going to put on one or two of the handy dandy LED light strips under my awning. I would like to wire it directly into the 12 volt system, utilizing the porch light. That way one switch controls both. Is this possible? I know most of...

Majja13 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Dashboard Desk in Adventurer

Our new RV has a built in desk on the passenger side of the dash. Good idea but....it wants to slide open on turns and on bumpy roads. Good drawer mechanism with full extension. Just that the magnetic catch is a poor idea. Can't find an adjustment po...