Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

12 volt battery question

My 2013 Chateau came with a Harris Battery brand 12 volt deep cycle battery. It's a group 27 battery with 160AH with a date of 02/13. I contacted a local place about adding a second battery (group 27) and same AH, but it's a different brand. Is there...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Microlite 4000 randomly stops

The Onan generator in our 2003 Class C motor home randomly stops. It is an Onan Microlite 4000 Spec K. Model 4KYFA26100K. It will run anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes when either loaded or no load. It always gives a 36 fault code which is, genset st...

Crem by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida shops for window valences, cabinet work

I am wanting to have some interior detail work done to finish up a couple of projects, namely:Replaced cockpit curtains with MCD cockpit shades - now I want someone to build some valances for a more finished/factory look.Upgraded both TVs to HDTV and...

tkcas01 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

FRESH WATER SMELL

Recently the COLD water supply in my Springdale 291RKSS has begun to smell strongly of sulphur. Water supply is from the CG wells and has never been a problem before. I've tried switching supply hoses to little effect. The latest suggestion is to dis...

Cuffs054 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator putting out too much power

Hello all! I have an Onan 4.9BFA 4000w gas generator. There is a plug on the cable the way it was sold to me. The PO used this for a race car trailer to power one AC unit and some lights. He said he had no issues.. I would have to say the lights must...

swp5767 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Slideout repair- need advice

2003 keystone Cougar. 30BHSThe slide room has one actuator that pushes one side out & the other side is driven via slave tube which is connecten by a pin to the driven side.The pin broke once and I replaced it with a bolt I had on hand and it worked ...

Repair or replace A/C?

My Front A/C just stopped blowing cold last week. Is it worth taking it to a shop for diagnosis/repair or should I just replace it? It is 23 years old. I know I could R&R the a/c myself and I think spending money on diagnosis may just be wasting mo...

psa0298 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen removal for cleaning

Wanting to remove screens for cleaning but, haven't figured out how to do it. Don't want to put too much stress on it and risk damaging them. Any advise?Here is a picture of one of the screens. The screen is all the way down.">

Franks voltage booster and surge protection.

I had a Franks voltage booster that got fried at a Thousand trails last year when a transformer blew up. I would like to know if I had a surge protector hooked up would it go on before the booster to protect it and would it work properly done that wa...

jjj by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

tire inflation recommendations

Hi all,I finally got to the scales! Here are the numbers. I'm looking for recommendations on tire pressures.front 1600 kg 3527.396 poundsrear. 4890 kg 10780.6 poundsTotal 6490 kg 14308 poundsDriver's Front 910 kg 2006.21 poundsDriver's Rear 2510 kg 5...

Onan Microlite 4000 help please.

Hello everyone.. I have a couple of questions to ask.My friend bought a new onan 4000 because he was having troubles with his old one. he is not mechanically inclined. I took the carb apart to find it clogged up and cleaned it out.it started right up...

Aluminum Cap Trim

I am in the process of doing a small roof repair project. To accomplish this, I must replace a 2'x3' piece of epdm roofing. My question is, what do they call the aluminum trim piece that covers the edge of the epdm where it joins the siding? Also, do...