Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Protect 50A power cord?

My power cord is essentially out all the time lying on the ground.Is it advisable to do anything to protect the rubber sheath?Thanks.

TT Tire Pressure

Things were much easier before the TST monitor Tires were up to pressure, and then they weren't!Tire have max pressure of 60 PSI. They were at 57 when I left MI, while driving to FL got up to a max of 69. Is this acceptable while driving? Temps w...

philh by Explorer II
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

'05 Salem Hot Water Leak

Have a leak inside kitchen sink area cabinet where hot water heater is. Cannot get into cabinet due to drawers & shelf. Faucet not leaking.How can I check where leak is? How would I change out water heater if need be?

Capps_RV by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

12v batteries reading 14.18v

Yep, it's me, back with another question :-).I double checked the voltage with a second voltmeter, and checked the first voltmeter on another battery. It seems that the 14.18v is reasonably accurate. Does this mean something other than that my charge...

Naio by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Small George Foreman Grill on Inverter

Got one of these as a gift to use in MH but dubious about electrical draw off-grid to cook something. Anybody have any experience with these? (This is about battery draw, but also cooking times, to get expected AH, so not in cooking forum.)https:/...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring Furrion camera ipo marker light?

Having problems making camera hot. I removed one of my top rear marker lights and it had two black wires going to a white wire and a black wire inside the RV. The camera has red and black wires...I assume the red is positive and the black is negative...

Shipper by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

weight of MH

i am looking for an owners manual for a 1979 sportsman dodge chassis motorhome,,, I think it’s either 21 or 22 feet,, it is being gifted to me, so I can get out of a horrible living situation I’m in,,, but it needs tires, a friend of mine said he ca...

Mebesue by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Fuel pump problems

Scott I was also told relay was on pump in the tank! Not sure! I am not mechanically inclined,I am sure it is obvious!

Need Good Sources for Quality Bulk Solar Cable

I'm building a solar system on our TT. I am going to buy my own MC4 connectors, crimpers, etc, and build my own custom length cables for connecting the roof solar panels to the roof combiner box. I'm having trouble finding quality 10 gauge UV-resist...

crcr by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Fuel problems

Still having problems trying to figure out why electronic fuel pump is not pumping all the time! I have found what appears to be an oil pressure sensor/ fuel pump cut off switch! There is power going to it! I need another one but can not find one! Al...

Plumbing: filter/strainer questions...

1990 Excella 29I was looking for a plumbing schematic or diagram for this RV but I can not locate one. There is none in the handbook.There are two items that appear to be filters or strainers.-One lives under the clothes closet in with the water pump...

Repost Honda 2000i Carb Job With Photos Must Read!!!!!

This is a rework (with permission of the original creator AISURFFISH) of the Honda EU2000i carb cleanout sticky at the top of the Tech Issues forum. Link to original postI wanted to share a bit of my time and knowledge of the Honda EU2000i generator....

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes