Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Where have you camped?

I'm curious to know where everyone is from and where you've been camping? I'll start.I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and I've been to the following places:Pinery Provincial ParkMacGregor Point Provincial ParkEarl Rowe Provincial ParkAwenda Provinc...

Well it happened .. got a new rig

The dealers were can I say very motivated to assist me in getting a new hauler. So here it is, not fancy just a down right new truck with the needed bells and whistles.2015 GMC 2500HD 6.06 Speed 4:10 rear endTrailering Equip PkgTrailering MirrorsS...

Majja13 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat towing

Thinking about a new jeep wrangler with automatic tranny can they be flat towed behind the camper and how much to set it up.

Gary3 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I REALLY need a dually?

I searched the forums and the answers I'm reading pertain to towing capacity. Having a truck camper SIT on a rig is more about hauling, right?I'm looking at used Ford and Chevy F-350/3500 4x4 diesel trucks.I don't plan to buy a camper with a slide ou...

How do you store/secure your portable generator?

I'm posting here in order to target those who are (obviously) towing bumper pull trailers and many here are likely using pickups as their tow vehicles (which is what I have).Being in Texas and camping the vast majority of the time in the south, I am ...

Snow birding to AZ this winter

We are going to AZ the last of November. Being from Illinois we have to winterize our JayFlight TT. We were hoping to use the bathroom on our way out to AZ. Can we do that?

AlLin by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

19.5 users

Got a quote today. Tire guy informed me the same info I keep reading....I'm going to hate the unloaded ride. He showed me his most aggressive tires too. Not super impressed, but I get it, these tires are for carrying a heavy load. Tire guy sales to a...

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Excursion as tow vehicle?

We have a Jayco 287 TT. About 32 feet in length (tongue to bumper) and dry weight of 6,200. At most it will be 7,500 loaded. Looking at a 2000 Excursion for sale today as TV. It has the v10, less than 100,000 miles. We are a family of 8, 6 children u...

MPG_Dog by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Sway control bar >>>

I have a 25 footer T.T. which it sways when windy conditions are present, and semis pass me by. I am looking on buying a sway bar control bar made by Husky, I notice they sell a right hand and a left hand. My question is on the catalogue they reco...

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing on jack stands

I live in snow country so my trailer will be in the barn for at least 6 months and i wondered about storing it on jack stands to prevent tire problems. I actually had a tire with a flat spot that would not correct itself even after driving. Your th...

Jim_S_ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge Protector and Extension Cord

HelloI'm just getting back into rving so have a bit of a fog brain, I used to have a class c, sold it and now I have a 24 foot travel trailer. It seems to me I used to use a 10 gauge 30 amp rated extension cord, plug that into the rv park power stan...

TCredux by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie Lurker - TC Arctic Fox for Year round Living

Howdy all.I'm looking, at the end of this year, 2015, to start gearing up for the following, but was looking for FAQ for year round living in it.Planning to get: (please post a short simple note for advice so I can understand it.)- Cab-Chassis RAM 5...

fpoole by Explorer
  • 97 replies
  • 0 likes

F150 EcoBoost with Max payload package Super Crew

I'm looking for input from anyone who has the above truck and what size trailer they are towing with it and how they like it along with the MPG when not towing. I cant find them anywhere and heard they are not starting production on them again until...

evanrem by Explorer II
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

HOST EVEREST OWNERS WITH CONVECTION OVEN

Greetings folks, anyone out there with a Host Everest that opted for a convection/microwave combination unit? After owning a new Everest since mid-2011, we finally used, or tried to use, the convection function of the combination unit this past week...