Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Question about air conditioning

Hi everyone!I have a 30ft TT (about a month old) with a 13500 rooftop air conditioner. I am noticing that if it is humid outside the air conditioning doesn't seem to work very well. Is this normal for this type of air conditioner, or do I have a pr...

Leak repair advise

So found an area of leaking in the cabinet just below the roof on the travel trailer this weekend. I have rubber roof that uses dicor lap sealant on the roof seals. I inspected the seals and don't see any obvious cracks. I see one spot above the l...

New Season

After selling my pop-up twice last year only to have first check bounce & the second buyer forfeit his deposit I decide I am staying a "Pop upper"So I purchased a auxiliary Refrigerator with a freezer compartment as I have a spot on my campsite for i...

crack repair in roof caulking

I recently bought a 2004 Terry Quantum in great condition. When removing the winter cover, I noticed that a crack had developed along the front roof seam in the old sealent, which I assume is Diclor. It is about 18-24" long. What is the best way to f...

denbob by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Exterior charging port

I have been looking for the outlet that is outside on a lot of new campers to charge the battery. My battery is under the dinette seat in a vented battery box so getting at it is not fun. Does anyone know a website to buy such a thing. Thank you.

Old_Days by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

surge protector

I am thinking about getting a 30 amp surge protector for my new TT, however I would like to know how everyone else feel about using a surge protector.

Question on condensation and using heat???

I know that using the heat in the cool spring nights will create alot of condensation. I have a max air fan that I use on low all night long when i run my furnace and i also crack a window on one end of the camper.. My question is, since alot of heat...

Newbie to TT

Just traded in a 2009 Jayco 28 QB Greyhawk for a 2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 272 BH. Very excited and nervous-have never towed anything before. TV is a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500.A few questions- the tt dealer will be installing trailer brakes- any ques...

cccougar by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing tire size

Hey All,I have a 2012 Passport 3220BHWE and was looking at going from a 14 inch tire to a 15 inch tire or 205 75 R14 to a 215 75 R14.Thoughts? Concerns?Thanks!

ls1mike by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

power converter not working ????? help

Ok I need some help with my troubleshooting. turned on my Fun Finder for the first time and the batteries will not charge. Opened up the converter box and I have 120 volts going into the Parallax series 7100 model 7155 but no 12 volts coming out. ...

6.0 EGR cooler.

Has anyone replaced your egr cooler with the newer style coolers with round cooling tubes. If so have you had any problems with them? Mine was replaced under warranty with a stock replacement and it was about 80K miles ago so it concerns me a little ...

Disaster with Windjammer 2715 vs

We purchased a 2015 Rockwood Windjammer 2715vs in January. We have camped a total of 11 nights and had about 250 road miles on this trailer. On Saturday, a tire on the TT blew, causing the TT to fishtail and slide sideways. The truck turned over an...

Boxford by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn Down Exhaust...

Just traded a 2004 Dodge 4X4 2500 SLT Sport HO Quad Cab for the truck in the sig.Old truck blew exhaust all over the lower right rear corner panel and rear bumper - stained it, as well as stained the leading edge of the TT over time.Anyone add a turn...

How to disable reverse sensors on 2015 SuperDuty

When you put truck in reverse with camper on the reverse buzzer goes nuts as it thinks you are going to back into the camper bumper that is 2' behind the sensors. Hit a couple buttons on the steering wheel and it can be disabled but resets to the on ...

Crumm by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about GVWR.

Why doesn't the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating equal the Gross Axle Weight Rating for the front and rear axle?Take my F150 (heavy) pickup for example. The FGAWR = 4,050#. The RGAWR = 4,800#. Yet the GVWR = 8,200#. Why shouldn't the GVWR = 8,850#?

Atlee by Explorer II
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes