Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New-to-us pickup need camper

We've had the other forms of rv but now have a Ford Lariat, a 3500, pickup truck. And we need advice on what size camper will fit into the back with the long box. We will be looking at a camper that is 8.5 feet long. Sun Lite. What are some good ...

Truck camper on a trailer

I came across a thread that had quite a bit of information regarding mounting a TC on a trailer to make a toy hauler. I have seen this done before by modifying a boat trailer, which worked smoothly. I would like to do this, but I do not need the toy ...

trany pump for 04 ranger edge help find

I am running out of ideas. I have an 04 Ford Ranger 4.0 auto Edge. I want to take it with me on this years run south but it requires a trailer. I was wondering about a trany pump and who makes them, or what do I have to do to pull it 4 down?

Buying our first Travel Trailer

New to the forum and in the process of buying our first travel trailer. After a few months of looking to include a recent RV show, I think we have narrowed it down somewhat. Here I go North Trail, Kodiak, Flagstaff V-LITE, Mesa Ridge, Outback and Den...

Toyota hitch

Does anyone here tow with a toyota 4runner. I bought a 06 4runner today and it has the factory towing hitch and electrical plug. My question is how much is that hitch rated for? It is the 2" receiver but it is a small unit that just bolts to the cros...

Campnjoe by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Upper Fridge vent blocked off...Why?

I recently purchased a 2013 Sprinter 316bik. It has a slide in the kitchen so the fridge is vented at the bottom (typical) and then it is vented thru the sidewall at the top, not thru the roof as it is on the slide. I took the cover off last night an...

buzter by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Chalet with a rotted basement floor

I'm looking for information and causes from others (especially Chalet owners) that have experienced a failure of their TC basement floor from rot (from being wet or dry rot?).I have a 2012 Chalet TS116 that I unloaded from my truck last week. I notic...

Augusta RV brand

Augusta RVWe were at the the Dallas RV show, and saw this model, but haven't ever heard of this company. Can anyone offer any knowledge or opinions about this manufacturer because it looks like they started building them in 2013.

Running the AC on non-level driveway

Can I plug my TC into shore power and run my air conditioner while parked on my un-level driveway or does the air conditioner need to be level like the refrigerator? Driveway is on a 4.5 degree slope.The only problem I can imagine is that the drain ...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Guaranteed to leak... tongue frame to front sill

Sadly, my couple hour job of redoing the corner putty on my trailer turned into fixing a rotted corner. Luckily it's fairly limited to the front sill (the 2x3" sitting on the frame), and I've been able to jack things up and just replace that sill (i...

chilly81 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tundra MPG Expectations

I have a '13 Tundra with the 5.7 engine. It gets about 9-11 MPG towing a 34-ft/7000-lb trailer. I'm considering downsizing the trailer (to 25-ft, 4500-pounds), and am wondering what improvement in gas mileage I might see. The two trailers have com...

srennier by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

outside storage, to cover or not to cover?

To cover or not to cover? that is my question.I have come to grips with the fact that my TT will need to be stored outdoors this winter, indoor storage is just too expensive around here. Do I just winterize it, cover the tires and hope for the best? ...

waltah by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire defect?

Before loading my truck camper, I was standing around waiting on the SO to bring my keys, and while picking the rocks out of the treads (JK), I noticed a concave area in the sidewall, perpendicular to the rim. So, I looked at the other tires. Both re...

Keeping Tanks from Freezing During Transit

Greetings. I'm planning on doing some winter travel this year to areas with typical temps in the single digits. How do we keep the tanks and such from freezing while we transit between camping locations? Are there small 12V heaters that can be pur...

Awning resting on kitchen slide out

Love my new Palomino Solaire and the extra room from having slide out on both sides but have a couple concerns about the awning and kitchen slide.When extended the awning rests on the kitchen slide and it will definitely wear holes in it. I took one ...

hogcard by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes