Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fixing the skylight on BF10.4 - picture heavy

Bigfoot builds a very nice camper shell, then severely compromises it by how they install the roof penetrations. The skylight in the shower on mine leaked just once (wind? tilted the right direction?), I wanted to fix it permanently. There were two b...

Roof repair dilemma

I just recently replaced the roof on the front of my TC. I replaced the rotten plywood with new plywood and then also replaced the rubber roof. Everything seemed to have went well until it rained. No not the obvious, there was no leaks but the wat...

biggjb by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Hauling a Honda 3000

I believe it is Kayteg that hauls his Honda 3000 on a cargo carrier mounted to the front of his truck.I have wanted to do that for a while. Without pulling a trailer, I have no place to put the generator and sometimes you don't want to pull a traile...

zulu52 by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Headlights aiming up when towing?

The FW and truck in my signature are well within specs for towing. When I hook up the FW the bed of the truck drops to just about level which seems about perfect. That said I noticed the other night while driving and towing the FW, folks were flashi...

way2roll by Navigator
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

6 volt batteries, discharge limits

I looked thru the search field but as usual couldn't find my answer.I have just bought two 6 volt Deka batteries from Lowe's. Haven't used 6 volts in years so can't remember how deep you can discharge them before ruining them??

LVJJJ by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

sliding patio doors

Does anyone have a trailer with a sliding patio door? If so have you had any problems with it or how do you like it? We're looking at upgrading and like a couple that have patio doors, my wife feels that they could be prone to breaking while travelin...

pjs1660 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Over loaded pickup

Wonder how often this occurs...think oftenhttps://fordauthority.com/2020/10/not-smart-ford-f-150-owner-exceeds-their-trucks-payload-capacity-by-a-touch/amp/

BenK by Explorer
  • 61 replies
  • 0 likes

Pine trees and slides ??

Well, had to eat my words on latest camping trip.Our previous 2 trailers had slide toppers installed, our latest trailer with 2 slides we elected not to because of where our trailer parks at the house. We leave slides out year around and have easy ac...

kellem by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

3.5 eco boost w/ 10 speed

For those of you with a similar tow vehicle do you just use the tow/haul mode or do you also lock out a couple of the higher gears?Thanks

nmhuntr by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Goodyear Endurance Tires VS Carlisle Trail HD Tires

It's time for a new set of tires. I have narrowed down my choice between GY Endurance and Carlisle Trail HD. However, in comparing the price locally, Endurance costs 45% more than the Carlisle. For a set of 4 ST22575R15 LRE, Endurance costs CA$230...

TKW by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 2 likes

Slide Out and Hot Water Heater Not Working

The slide out and gas/electric hot water heater is not working on my 2014 26ft bumper pull Aspen Trail travel trailer. Swapping relay on my slide out did not fix issue. Fuses are good. Push switch on slide out and nothing happens. Can open manual...

I remodeled my BF10.4 living room - picture heavy

I really like the forward bath, aft dinette of the Bigfoot 10.4, looked for one for several years and found one (new old stock) in 2013. While I like the general arrangement, the dinette is quite small, especially for two tall people. This is the com...