Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Try before you buy

Recently we rented, from CanaDream in Calgary AB, a 2013 Northern Lite 8'11" Sportsman on a brand new Ford F350 SRW diesel. Before this experience we had looked at Northern Lites and wanted a rear-dinette layout. Long before we completed our one-week...

Suburban 1500 with 6000lbs

Good afternoon everyone,I am looking into purchasing a 2009 Sportsmen S242LE that has the following weight numbers.Gross Vehicle Wt Rating (GVWR) 6,000 lbs. Axle Weight 3,444 lbs. Unloaded Vehicle Wt (UVW) 3,952 lbs. Cargo Carrying Cap...

Lightweight TC choices

I currently have a Northstar TC800 pop-up on an F150 4x4. I have had the rig about 11 years. The camper has a dry weight of 1,760 pounds. The truck handles the weight fine with the aid of helper springs. I am thinking of going to a hardwall and have ...

Scratching my head on this one

We are still looking for that idea TT for our needs and think we may have found one. While talking with the salesman, I asked what the tongue weight was on this particular model, and his reply was " don't worry at all about tongue weight as the weig...

Newb here with questions

Hello all! I'm new to this forum and to RVing.. I posted this question on my tundra forum without much luck.My wife and I are currently looking at the aerolite 294rkss.http://aero-rv.com/floorplan/294RKSI have a 2010 tundra 4.6l with towing package t...

Brake break in question

Our new trailer has only roughly 200 miles on it, but I'm noticing what I'd have to describe as what would feel like a warped rotor. I realize they're drums but it's like they're pulsing. I don't have that issue with any other trailers, so I ruling...

Travel Trailer Disaster Help

My wife and I purchased a Primetime Avenger travel trailer at the end of Nov 13. We took the travel trailer out the first week of January. We were out 2 weeks and during the second week, we awoke to a trailer flooding. The city water connection outsi...

No power to upper control board of fridge

Recently purchased a 2003 Forest River Flagstaff camper with a Dometic RM2652 fridge. Started preparing this past Saturday to leave for this Memorial Day weekend (first time taking it out) and noticed that no lights will come on on the upper control ...

slide in for Toyota Tacoma with tailgate down

Newbie on your site; looking for a fairly light weight camper with a footprint that's 42" wide and up to 92" long. I'd like to use it with the tailgate down for the extra space. Long ago, I had a SixPack that was built for a Toy long bed truck and li...

camper fitting in new truck

We're looking at a new Chevy truck and it seems the bed depth on them is 21.34 inches, which creates a problem, since our camper depth from bottom to overhang over the rails is only 20.75 inches. Thus, our camper would not rest on the bed of the new ...

kopack by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Renting a trailer with no sway control

I was hoping to buy a trailer soon, but until I do I am thinking of renting one for this weekend. I found a small 2008 Jayco Jay Flight, about 20 ft long. My tow vehicle is a 2011 Dodge Durango. The trailer doesn't come with any sort of sway contr...

Awning LEDs: Along the track, or at the edge?

YES< I know.. Another LED thread...What are the advantages of installing awning LEDs along the body of the RV, versus out at the edge of the awning on the cylinder? Is it just an installation thing, or is the lighting result different?I'm ordering mi...