Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

packing a Fleetwood Niagara Highwall

Hello everyone! I was wondering, of those who have had a Niagara Highwall pop-up, does the weight limits of the trailer allow you to pack enough supplies into it? It's a heavier camper, so it reaches it's GVWR quicker. If I read the specs correctl...

superfly by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Want towing comparison between OBS 7.3 and SD 7.3

I have a shot at a primo 97 7.3 and was wondering how it would pull without the intercooler that came with the newer 99-03 Super Duty 7.3s. I could always add one, but how does the actual towing power compare stock to stock? I previously owned a earl...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Feedback on Ram 3500's

Hello all. We are outgrowing our current Supercab truck quite quickly due to our 4 year old son growing like a weed and we have a yellow lab as well. So we are starting to look around at newer trucks and test drove several Ram 3500's.The first and ...

blofgren by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Help- Jay Flight or Freedom Express

Hi- I need some help deciding between 2 trailers:The 2014 coachmen Freedom express 310bhds- maple leaf or liberty edition or the Jay Flight 32bhds- with some added options.The floor plans are identical and with the added options on the jay flight- I'...

hfed by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C's on TC in the south.

How well do the window units and smaller Camper model a/c's (7500btu) work down here.Figure the smaller start up and running amps would be a plus for an 2000watt honda Genny.

New to Truck Camper World:

I should be picking up a great used Lance in a few days and would like to head out to the desert near Blythe, Ca and Quartzsite Az.I know I'll need to run my air and wondering where people install a generator which I do not have yet and what size I w...

Lexicon7 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Jayco "Aliner type" folding trailer

Just saw at local Jayco dealer a hard sided popup trailer styled like the Aliner brand. Went to Jayco's website and couldn't find any info about it. This one was called a 12H and was the new colors. Anyone know about this?

rvingnut by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

New Dodge Ram Pickup

Saw one of the new Rams today at a new car show. I can't figure out how anyone is going to to a 5er and have any bed clearance. I have a 5er we tow with a 2005 Dodge, having about 5" bed clearance. Our bed is 54" from the ground to the top of the bed...

Question About solar charging

I have a concern about adding 160w solar power to my TC charging system.What happens when plugged into shore power and both systems the TC charging and solar charging are both charging battery's at same time or for that matter also when going down th...

abslayer by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Sport Truck Sport Chassis

Any input would be most appreciated. What are the towing specs (weight-wise) on these trucks and why are they so expensive? $170K+ is unbelievable. I sat in a new customized one recently and believe me they're beautiful inside (didn't drive one of co...

ARTSBEST by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New member and new to travel trailers. Need advice

Hello all! been reading this forum for awhile and decided to join up. Our family have been camping for the last 5 years with a Jayco 1206 pop up and while enjoying it it is time to make the switch to a TT.We went to our local rv show yesterday and se...

Campsask by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer towing

We have a small problem. We're selling our house an I need to keep my tools . I'm a retired technology teacher an upon my retirement I set up a small shop of my own. Thing is where am I to put my shop? Maybe a 14 or 16' dual axel trailer?? What does...

6pac by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade braking power

My 2012 F 350 has all the power needed to comfortably pull my trailer, but falls short on comfortably stopping the trailer. I don't feel I'm dangerous, but I'd like more overall stopping power for some time in the future when some emergency demands t...